fluff || headcanon - sephiroth

anonymous asked: Hello, your writing is very lovely! how about some fluffy headcanons for sephiroth?

when he first meets you, sephiroth maintains his professional, aloof nature. he doesn't like to make a bad first impression, and even though something inside of him is screaming at him to get closer to you, he maintains his distance. some part of him wants to impress you, and the only way he really knows how to is by displaying his professionalism.

you're one of the very few people that sephiroth allows himself to get close to (pre-madness). he hates being vulnerable and having people who know every last thing about him, but for some reason he doesn't really mind letting you know everything about him. sometimes he catches himself releasing a turret of information to you, and he pauses and questions his intentions, but he trusts you, and lets himself carry on.

you're definitely the person he respects most in his life. in comparison to everyone else, you're held on a pedestal. you undoubtedly hold the most of his respect, just because of the way you hold yourself, the way you go about your day and seem so completely at peace.

he constantly checks up on you. sometimes he gets this feeling that he needs to check up on you, and on the (fortunately) few occasions he's been right, he's stepped in to protect you without hesitation. sephiroth would willingly put his life on the line in order to protect you - he'd rather die a thousand painful deaths than see you die once. he couldn't bare it if he knew you died because of him, and he certainly won't let that happen.

when he descends into insanity, and goes on his murderous rampages, he manages to hold onto a little bit of sanity with the thought of you. he can't, he won't harm you. ever. even when he's lost all sense of humanity, a part of his soul still aches for you, still wants to protect you from the evils of this world. he'll stay far from you, so that there's no risk of insanity completely consuming him and him hurting you, or worse, killing you himself. he still loves you dearly, even in the face of death.