diamond in the rough || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: I really like your headcanons! I saw your Rufus marriage one and was wondering if you could do another Rufus one? What if he had a S/O who grew up in the Slums? How would he act knowing his wife used to live in the underground of Midgar? Take care!

he's surprised that you're as sophisticated and well-educated as you are. he's been raised to believe that those who live in the slums are good-for-nothing criminals, who don't do anything to better their lives. but you are testament enough to prove that theory wrong - you've worked you way up shinra with dogged determination and enthusiasm, and that's how he met you.

he feels guilty knowing you grew up in such squalor caused by his father. it causes his already intense hatred for his father to fester and culminate into something bigger. rufus doesn't hesitate to mention to his father than you lived in the slums, occasionally mentioning some of the stories you've told rufus over the years to his father - he wants to see him squirm and feel guilty, but rufus knows a man like that would never feel guilty when he's sitting on piles of money.

rufus attempts to make up for all of the hardships you've had to face whilst he's lived a comfortable life that built its foundations on your suffering. he lavishes you in gifts constantly, takes you out for expensive meals and gives you everything you would ever ask for. he even donates significant amounts of money to helping people in the slums in order to improve their lives.

he respects you a great deal for your constant work in the slums, helping those in need and visiting the people who helped you get to the position you're in today career wise. rufus invites said people around for dinner often, offering them significant help should they want it, and thanking them for guiding his soulmate to him.

you help him respect life and those below him who works tirelessly for shinra's evil campaign, and perhaps act as the one who convinces him to develop shinra into a positive influence when he eventually succeeds his father. he wants to make life better for all the people you know and all the people he knows too, he wants to make the world a peaceful, better place for your future children.