the flirt || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: Hello!! First of all, i love your writing!! I would like to request a scenario for Reno x Reader in Advent Children, where Reno keeps asking reader out and flirting with her and she refuses but changes her mind when she knows that he and Rude helped Cloud!

"Not a chance."

"Come on, baby, you know you wanna."

"Over my dead body."

"So cruel!"

You stop in your tracks, turning abruptly on your heel to face him, pressing your forefinger into his chest to stop him before he stumbles into you. He's surprised at how you stop so suddenly, mouth forming an 'o'.

"Listen, I'm never going to go on a date with you, ever. I'm with Avalanche, you're with Shinra. It's not going to happen."

He's speechless for a moment, watching dumbly as you turn back around and stalk away, eventually shaking his head and running to catch you up. He has to speed walk to keep up with you, and wonders how someone can walk so quickly.

"So? It's like one of those intense love stories - the enemies become lovers! And anyway, ain't I kinda on your side now?"

You scoff. "What? Because you helped evacuate Midgar you're suddenly the good guy? One good deed doesn't make up for a lifetime of sins, buddy."

You come to a stop in front of some rubble, sighing to yourself as you begin to walk around it, swerving around Reno in the process. You'd been out of town when Sephiroth's manifestations had arrived, and had only just arrived home after the carnage of the Bahamut SIN and the trio had come to light. It was a miracle you were able to find Tifa and Barret in the chaos, and you'd launched straight into repairing homes and setting up temporary ones for young families. A sense of larger community had once more developed, and you were quite at peace, until he had arrived.

"Damn, help a girl's friends out twice and she still doesn't give you any rope."

You slow down at his words, turning to face him and frowning. "Twice?"

"With the big guy, the Bahamut. Helped Cloud out, didn't I? Not as bad as you think I am after all, huh?"

Reno frowns when you come to a stop, watching you carefully as you sigh, and taps his baton against his shoulder anxiously. The silence is tense, and for a brief moment he wonders if he's somehow crossed a line and should walk away, but before he knows it you're right by his side again, and he can feel the warmth radiating off of you. Your lips barely linger on his cheek for more than a second, but they sent shock waves through his body, and he chokes on his own spit as he tries to comprehend what just happened.

You lift a single finger to his face, and he zeroes in on it.

"One. One date. That's all you get."

He's silent for a moment, but then a grin stretching from ear to ear appears on his face, slipping into a smirk as he taps his baton against his shoulder again. He nods confidently at you.

"One," he repeats. "I promise I'll make it worth your while babe."

And oh, will he.