childhood crush || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Could you write a cute Cloud x shy! Short! Reader headcanon, where Cloud's childhood friend and crush, Reader, is helping him and Aerith save Tifa from Don Corneo... and Cloud gets to see Reader in her new sexy dress and makeup that the Madame M had picked out for her?

aerith is the first to notice you when you emerge from the massage rooms, and her squeal and gasp makes cloud finally look up. aerith is gushing over you, hurling compliment after compliment your way, gushing at just how gorgeous you look in the dress. you're sheepish about it, laughing along awkwardly and smiling demurely as you thank her, eyes flickering over to cloud as aerith calls out "cloud, doesn't she looking beautiful?".

he doesn't really know what to say, he's dumbstruck at how gorgeous you look in the dress. it's a perfect fit, accentuates your curves and finishes halfway down your legs. the colour compliments your skin perfectly, and your hair is elegantly done so that there's not a strand of it out of place.

it's only when madam m clears her throat that cloud finally forces a compliment out, though it gets stuck in his throat and it sounds like a garbled mess of "you look great" and "wow you're pretty".

aerith giggles, and gently shoves you towards cloud, and you feel immensely flustered as he continues to stare at you with such intensity as you look around the room abashedly. he think you look prettier without all the glamorous makeup, but he can't deny that it helps accentuate your best futures - your eyes pop and your cheekbones are clearly defined, it makes you look more mature.

it's in this moment, seeing you as dolled up as you are, that cloud realises just how much he's fallen for you. as children he had never looked at you in this way, probably would have gagged at the idea as children do, but it's clear that as an adult you've grown into yourself. not only are you a ray of light personality wise, but your true perfection, and he knows for sure he's going to rip don corneo a new one if he hurts you in anyway.