high school sweetheart || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: Can you do a headcanon for Rufus where he's married to his high school sweetheart? Like how they met up to their life as a married couple?

he meets you for the first time after almost three months into your first year at high school. he's popular because of his father's position, because of his position, and although he catches everyone's eye, someone else has been catching their eye too, and it's you. you're sweet, kind and caring, and everyone you meet instantly falls in love with you, singing their praises about you to one another, and he wonders how he's not met you yet, despite all of his friends knowing who you are and speaking giddly about you. he meets you by chance in the hallway in search of his friend, only to find him speaking to you, and he understand instantly why everyone praised you. you're absolutely gorgeous, so gorgeous in fact that rufus is certain not even a god would be able to compete, and that sweet little smile you give him as you greet him sends his heart pounding erratically in his chest. he can't help but flirt with you, and revels in your nervous giggle, and you hold his eyes as you bid the duo goodbye, promising to talk more after class, and he knows you mean it.

he asks you out a month before the two of you leave high school. you've become incredibly close throughout the years, almost a couple, but never quite official. everyone knows by now to keep their distance from the two of you, and if anyone ever dares try to coax one of you two into a relationship, everyone else is quick to put them in their place, because it's clear you're both meant for each other. he's overjoyed when you accept, promises to go to every effort to make sure your relationship works despite your differing paths in life. he's to become the head of shinra, and you are seeking to pursue a career in medical, and he promises you a job in one of the best labs of shinra. but that doesn't matter to you, nor to him really, because the two of you are in love, and you'd both happily give up any goals and aspirations to be together.

it takes time for his father to approve of you, but rufus is persistent. he makes it clear that he won't cooperate with any of his father's proposed matches, matches president shinra insists are entirely appropriate, and will offer the best future for shinra. rufus doesn't care for shinra, not when you're around. you're his top priority, the apple of his eye, he could care less for shinra or its future, all that matters is you. although he doesn't like his father, rufus is relieved when his father finally voices his approval of you, now a top medical researcher for shinra, creating some of the best cures for certain diseases and experimenting in cures for the illness caused from over-exposure to mako. rufus is immensely proud of your achievements, and both he and his father brag about you during company balls and dinners, makes sure ever senior official and everyone below them knows your name, of your work. rufus knows he'll support you no matter what you do or where you go, and is thrilled at how fruitful your career has become, his love growing for you more with each passing day.

rufus knew he wanted to marry you from the first date, but it's a matter of finding the right time to propose to you. he proposes at one of your favourite holiday destiantions, a surprise vacation as a treat after your most recent breakthrough. he spends the majority of the first couple of days making sure you're pampered and have everything at your fingertips, mentally rehearsing his speech and ensuring the ring is safe and out of your prying eyes. he has to keep it on him at all times, because, despite having a maid to help, you still insist on picking out his clothes for the next day, ironing them carefully and laying them out for the next day. the proposal is done in a private section of the best restaurant in your vacation spot, and he somehow manages to recite his speech to you perfectly word for word, so focused on making sure he gets it right that he barely acknowledges your excited acceptance. he laughs and smothers you with kisses when you leap into his arms, holds you close and whispers i love yous, knowing he'll never let you go.

your marriage is a grand affair. you have everything one could dream of at a wedding, decked out in the attire of your choice, and rufus can't deny that it sends his heart pounding in his chest, makes him think of unsavory things. as much as he enjoys the day, he can't wait for it to be over, to have you all to himself for the rest of your lives. he enjoys the weddings, showers you in love throughout the entire ceremony, reminds you he loves you every three seconds. he proudly dances with you, could care less about your audience, because all he can focus on is you. you still make his heart race in his chest after all these years, and he feels pink with joy and love, overwhelmed at the fact that you're finally his for once and for all. he's thankful he met you in high school, glad to have had you for all those years, and is glad he'll have you by his side for the next several decades. you're his world, and he'd be nothing without his world.