mercs on mercs || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: HCs on FF7R Cloud with an S/O who wants to work as a merc beside him. I love all your writing btw 💕

he's reluctant to go along with it at first. his line of work is risky, you never know when you're going to get your next job or next warm meal, and he doesn't want you to suffer in anyway. he wants you to have the best of the best, and he can't really provide that as a merc.

but, at the same time, he appreciates that he spends a lot of time away from you, and you probably get lonely, like he does. it'll take some convincing, because he really does just want you to live comfortably, but eventually he'll relent and let you come with him.

there'll definitely be some conditions though - even if you don't obey them, and he never would force you to, it gives him peace of mind. if he ever thinks a job is too risky for you or way too dangerous, he won't hesitate and try and make you stay back. of course, he'll probably fail and let you come with him, but that won't stop him from jumping in front of you whenever you're attacked.

he loves the quiet evenings you two get together between missions. camping under the stars in near silence, lovingly tending to each other's wounds, cuddling together as you fall asleep. he loves being able to be with you, even if he's constantly plagued with worry.

if he ever gets separated from you in a particularly rough mission, the relief he feels when he sees you is immeasurable. he'll shower you in affection when he finally sees you, regardless of who might be watching. he'll hold your arms tightly as he checks you over, then pull you into his arms and hold you tightly, pressing kisses to the top of your head. he's happy to see you, and even if you scared the life out of him, he's happy that you wanted to become a merc like him.