see ya || scenario - biggs

anonymous asked: hi! anon who requested biggs before he went to go fight on the pillar. him saying his goodbyes would be good - thanks!

It shocks both of you when Jessie relays what's happening at the pillar, and she quickly disappears before either of you can get any more information out of her. Your eyes find each other, and a thousand words are exchanged, Biggs quickly sprinting into the back room to retrieve his weapons whilst you grab his belts and boots. Wordlessly, you help attach the belts to him as he slips his feet into his boots as he checks his weapons for ammo.

As you pull away slightly, pressing your hands against his chest, your eyes catch his again. A deafening silence washes over the small front room, the two of you desperately searching one another's eyes, memorising their little quirks and difference, observing the intensity of the emotions that pass through them. He sucks in a deep breath, unsure of what to say, and your own words are left teetering on the tip of your tongue.

In sync, the two of you lean forwards before either of you can say anything, slipping into a passionate and desperate kiss, committing the feeling of one another to memory. It lasts for an intense, heated moment, the screams of horror and loud blasts from outside ripping you away from one another. Your heart jumps into your throat as Biggs slips away from you, heading to the door with his shoulder squared for battle. You can tell from his silence that he's strategising, and he gnaws anxiously at his bottom lip as he fumbles to open the door.

For a moment, you almost wish the door won't open, but the click of it opening tells you that that isn't an options. He tenses up even more at the sound, turning to you and staring for a prolonged moment, a pregnant pause hanging between the two of you. He gestures for you to come closer, and your body is pulled closer to him. His lips instantly find yours, and when he pulls back he searches your eyes silently.

"I love you," he eventually whispers. "If I - "

"Don't." The words leave your lips reflexively, and he purses his own.

"But - "

"It isn't goodbye," you insist. "It's see you later."

The silence returns for a long moment, and he nods slowly, pressing a final kiss to your lips again.

"Yeah. You need to leave."

"I will."

"OK. See ya."

"See ya."

He disappears out the door before you can say anything again, fear washing over you, and you almost run after him, but you need to stay strong. Biggs is doing his job, what he wants to do, what he loves to do. And you need to focus on getting everyone out of the slums. Just in case. The two of you will find each other one day.

After all, it's see you later, not goodbye.