falling in love with you || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: I stumbled onto your blog and love it! Omg Can I get some Rufus headcanons on realizing he's falling in love?

he's known you for a long time, you've worked as one of his many assistants for longer than any of the others, so he's incredibly comfortable around you and knows he can trust you with some of his opinions. you're loyal to him, and he knows for a fact you'll never betray him for his father, especially after shinra's evils start to come to light.

it during a fancy dinner that his father has organised that he realises he has fallen in love with you. you're his regular dinner date for sch events, and he always insists on picking you up in a fancy car to escort you to the dinner. when he sees you for the first time his jaw drops, and he's in awe of how stunning you look, and is utterly enamoured by you.

his heart is beating erratically in his chest throughout the night, but he tries his best to act as he normally does, bringing you close as he usually does to keep you away from the slimy eyes of his father and other senior shinra officials, draping his across your shoulder. he showers you with more attention than he normally does, almost never taking his eyes off of you because he can't get over just how gorgeous you look.

at the end of the night he starts to become more affectionate you, wraps his arm around your waist as the both of you bid goodnight to his father and the other officials. he'll place a hand on the small of your back as he guides you out of the restaurant, hold your hand to help you into the car, perhaps even place a hand on your knee as you're driven home if he's feeling bold. rufus makes sure you know of his affections.

however, the day after he's a little more shy towards you, perhaps a little more withdrawn, the alcohol no longer in his system and no longer encouraging him to be bold about his feelings. he gradually slips back into his usual interactions with you forever, perhaps occasionally dropping a bouquet of flowers or a present on your desk. and you certainly don't miss the way he ducks in for a kiss on the cheek whenever he sees you or leaves you.