home sweet home || scenario - sephiroth

anonymous asked: a scenario where sephiroth is invited to spend the night at his s/o's place! the feels he gets from eating homecooked food and just having an actual home is probably something he's never felt before. :'(

When the door is opened, he's welcomed by a cocktail of warmth and the mouth-watering smell of home cooked food. He's ushered in quickly, the door closing before he's even stepped across the threshold. He watches in bemusement as you scuttle back to the kitchen, shouting something about saving food and making himself at home. And he does. This is the closest thing he's ever had to a home.

He sits down on your battered couch, one you had insisted was still perfectly okay despite its tattered appearance, and holds you close when you join him, promising food soon. His arm hangs over the back of the couch behind your head, and you lean in to his side, sighing with content as you rest your head on his shoulder, mindlessly relaying your day to him. When you take his right hand and start playing with his fingers, a small smile creeps across his lip, demure and barely there. The way your fingers slot in between his seems so perfect, as if you're soulmates who's only purpose in life was to make sure your fingers were intertwined at all times, and it makes him feel human.

It's the smell of burning food that rouses the two of you from your bubble, although the smoke alarm may have had a part to play too. You've rushed into the kitchen before he even thinks to rise to his feet, staring at his lone hand in his lap. He follows your path, waiting awkwardly at the entrance, his heart skipping a beat and when you turn to him and laugh, proclaiming, "Dinner's ready!", and he can't help but chuckle too.

It feels so utterly domestic when you two eat together, discussing random events in history and the latest stories on the news, what you did at work today and who particularly got on your nerves. He's silent as he listens to your story about some woman you work with, Rebecca or Ruby or R-something, and how she's divorcing her husband after having an affair with a man she met in Sector 6. Hearing you relay the story gives him a twinge of pain, because he can never relate to that supposed normalcy of human life, he's a SOLDIER first, a human second.

But you remind him there's still some humanity in him. He's still the same Sephiroth you've known and loved for all these years, and he's grateful you still feel that way for him. He has a home with you, one that's familiar and stable, always awaiting him whenever he gets home, always there for him when things get hard. It's not the apartment that makes it a home, although he's grown rather fond of the peeling wallpaper and tattered couch, it's you, the one who perseveres through the darkness to bring him light.

You, you're his sweet home.