puppy love || headcanon - zack

godsofimmortality asked (tumblr): Hey! I'm still desperately in love with your writings, like wow will I stop melting in front of it one day? (Spoiler : I know I won't, it literally lighten up my days! ❤) I was wondering if maybe you'd like to write some Zack x reader? Like some cute things like patching up this little puppy cause he's not careful at all? (I don't know if you want precise and detailed ideas or more just a vague concept so you can work your art 😌)

he's the one who finds the puppy, and his instant reaction is to bring it to you. he knows you have a heart of gold, and a weak spot for puppies too, and you're the most reliable person he knows when it comes to helping people. he's not surprised by how quickly you take the puppy from his arms, cooing and fussing over it sweetly, and it makes his heart skip a beat at how good you are.

he's more than willing to help you patch the poor thing up, stroking it's head with his forefinger gently as you wind a bandage around its leg, whispering soothing praises and assuring it you're the best of the best. he doesn't miss how you suddenly grow flustered at his compliments, and shoots you a flirtatious grin as he insists more loudly that it's the truth.

the puppy is soon back on its feet again, and zack is more than happy to play with it, making the weirdest noises at faces at it like its a baby. it warms your heart to see him acting so goofy so freely, and you giggle when the puppy leaps at him and slobbers kisses all over his face. zack gags as he backs away, laughing with you as he wipes the slobber off of his face with one hand and scratches the puppy's chin with the other.

"what do you think we should call him?", "how about zack?", and zack groans, your devilish smirk telling him everything. "really, that nickname?", "zack the puppy isn't a bad nickname! you should feel honoured to be compared to a puppy! and besides, you've proven your namesake right to me in this moment".

he can't deny your reasoning, and accepts the name, though still makes a show out of complaining about it. when he goes to leave, you start to whisper your goodbyes to him, holding him out to zack as he stands over the threshold.

"no, he's for you.", "huh? zack you can't just leave me a puppy without letting me prepare first!", and he just laughs, presses a kiss to your cheek and waves goodbye as he walks away. "it's a gift from me to you, a zack to look after you whilst your favourite zack is away!", and he merely blows a kiss to you as you continue to shout at him. he knows he's in for an earful tomorrow, but he's more than happy if it's you giving it to him.