boyfriend to fiance || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: Thanks for the Rufus+marriage headcanons! So sweet. Do you have any Rufus+dating & proposal headcanons? ❤️

rufus definitely makes sure you're lavished in luxury as his partner. he'll bring you to fancy restaurants, making sure you're only given the best of the best in terms of service, food and drink. each time he takes you out, he brings you a piece of jewelry as a gift for you to wear on the night, most likely with his initials discreetly engraved on it somewhere.

he takes you on lavish vacations too when you're celebrating a special occasion, such as your birthday or anniversary or a holiday. he loves being able to spoil you, and can't help but smile when he reveals that he's taking you away and you express your avid excitement.

for the proposal, he has to make sure that the day leading up to it is absolutely perfect. a lay in, hearty breakfast, lounge around the house together, perhaps lunch out, a nap in the afternoon or an activity of your choosing, followed by a romantic dinner at one of the most exclusive restaurants in midgar in a secluded part of the restaurant. he wines and dines you, lavishes you with affection too.

the ring he's picked out is perfect, but not one of those incredibly expensive rings with the gems so big it looks tacky. it's simple and elegant, with both your initials engraved in the underside of the band. he pats the pocket of his suit multiple times throughout the dinner, just to make sure the ring is still there and to encourage him to do it.

he's incredibly nervous when he gets down on one knee, stumbles through his speech. it's not as perfect as he imagined, but seeing your bright smile and teary eyes is enough to make it an absolutely perfect event. when you accept, he pulls you close and presses a firm kiss to your lips, and showers you with affection for the rest of the night.