Thelma and Louise (WinterFalcon)

okay, this isn't exactly thelma and louise, since ive never seen the movie, and ive only read the wiki page so i could make a destiel related argument

(if you have seen the movie, sorry if this isn't very accurate, my friend gave me this idea, and i had to do it) 

but it is loosely based on the story, but there won't be any spoilers, okay i hope you enjoy!!!

(also it's an au, they're in college, okay enjoy)

This started as an innocent road trip. 

Unfortunately Bucky has anger issues, and a problem with authority, and now he and Sam are on the run.

(It wasn't like he murdered someone, just almost murdered him. Probably hospitalized him.)

It wasn't Bucky's fault, anyhow. The guy deserved it. 

People aren't allowed to talk shit about Bucky's friends, that's just how it is. 

(Plus, Bucky is straight up terrifying when he wants to be. Him and Natasha are a force to be reckoned with at any team game.) 

Sam was a little wary about running from the police. His first thought was that they were in the right, but then the story got a little twisted, and suddenly he and Bucky were in the wrong, and so they had to run. 

***

"Buck, we need food." Sam says as they speed down the highway towards Mexico. 

"We can't stop anywhere, there are bound to be people after us." Bucky says, his grip tightening on the steering wheel of the car they borrowed from Natasha's friend, Coulson. 

(It was miracle they got it. Coulson almost never lends out his car, but Natasha's persuasive and annoying when she wants to be.) 

"We're not going to be able to successfully run away from the cops if we're starving." Sam persuades. 

Bucky sighs. "If we see a gas station, we'll stop and pick up snacks." 

Sam nods, still unable to relax in his seat. 

***

"Hey, Steve, could you wire me some money? Yeah, I know, please don't tell. You're the closest. Steve, Steve, please." Bucky asks. 

Sam stands next to him, but only hears Bucky's side of the phone call. 

Bucky hangs up the phone, and turns to Sam. 

"Steve is meeting us here in three hours. He said he's bringing our money, and some food." 

Sam nods, and the two turn back to wait in the car, passing the time until they could get food and money. 

***

They eventually decided to get a motel room down the road. Bucky had called Steve to tell him the updated address.

Steve was supposed to be arriving at any minute, so Sam and Bucky were leaning against their car. 

"You two gentlemen waiting for someone?" A woman with long blonde hair that reaches down to her waist and soft brown eyes moves next to Sam, leaning against the car.