please don't leave me pt. 2 (stony) (edited)

Natasha knew Tony was hurting and she knew that he missed Steve.

And she has never been more glad that her girlfriend works the front desk at the health center.

"Wanda, I need your help." Natasha says, leaning over the desk to kiss her.

"Good afternoon to you too." Wanda rolls her eyes and smiles. "What do you need?"

Natasha taps her nails on the desk, making a clicking sound as she formulates the best way to say it. "Steve and Tony have had a misunderstanding and it would be in their best interests if they talked, but Tony won't talk to Steve because he feels betrayed and Steve won't force Tony to talk to him because he doesn't want to ignore Tony's boundaries."

"If you can get them here within fifteen minutes, I can get a meditation room reserved for them. It'll only be for a half an hour or so, though, because someone else reserved the room too."

"Thank you so much! I love you!" Natasha says, kissing Wanda one more time before going to find both Tony and Steve.

.

She enlisted the help of Bucky to bring them to the health center. She didn't tell Tony what was happening, though, because she knew he needed to hear what Steve had to say.

Steve was already in the meditation room, which was a really fancy way of saying a dimly lit room with fairy lights, a salt lamp, and pillows.

Natasha opened the door for Tony to go first and she closed it, and it's a good thing she wasn't a licensed therapist nor did she work here because this was very unprofessional, but she locked the door.

(Technically she just barred the door, but that's not an important detail.)

Thirty minutes.

.

Tony drops onto one of the pillows and glares at Steve, who's fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater.

"I'm not going to forgive you." Tony says eventually.

"You don't have to. Just, at listen, hear what happened."

Tony rolls his eyes and leans against the wall.

"I knew I was meeting you for lunch. I thought everyone knew, and that's why we didn't schedule any big group hangouts then...

Except Sharon Carter, apparently. Steve used to date her older cousin, Peggy, in his freshman year of college, but they weren't good together.

Peggy's dating this girl named Angie, who's in Steve's culinary class. She's really nice, and Steve is happy for them.

Sharon's a year younger than the rest of them, and she's nice, but a little clingy.

Now she's dragging him to their lunch table, saying that Tony told Nat to tell Sharon to tell Steve that Tony had to get work done so he couldn't meet today.

Steve sat down next to Sharon, feeling weird. Natasha was the only one there and she was entrusted by her phone, presumably texting her girlfriend.

"I thought you were meeting Tony today?" Natasha asks and Steve knew immediately that Sharon had lied.

"What the fuck, Sharon-" He turns to her but she grabs his shirt and yanks him towards her.

His eyes widen and he tries to push her off of him, but she slides her hand into his hair, biting his lip and tugging on his hair.

"Get off of him!" Natasha snarls, grabbing Sharon's shoulder and throwing her on the ground. "Get the fuck away from us and if I ever see you near us again, I will not hesitate to kick your ass."

Sharon just stands up and bats her eyes at Steve. "See you soon, honeybuns."

Steve was frozen. Tony. Tony saw everything.

He needed to talk to Tony.

Natasha sits next to him, careful not to touch him. "Are you okay?"

"I need to find Tony." Steve can feel where Sharon grabbed his wrists, her bony hands digging into his skin. "I need to explain- I need to tell him."

"Hey, I'll go find him. I'll talk to him. I won't tell him, I think you should do that at some point, but not know, okay? Right now I think you should go home, take some time for yourself." Steve nods. He can feel his body shutting down. Natasha smiles and reaches out, like she's going to take Steve's hand, but seems to think better of it.

Steve takes her hand and leans on her for a second before letting go. "Thank you." He mumbles.

"Of course, Stevie. I got you." Natasha stands up. "I texted Bucky. He'll come over to your apartment once his anthropology lecture is done. Text me if you need anything."

Steve nods.

That's what happened, Tony, I promise, I would never ever hurt you."

Tears are streaming down both of their faces.

"Can I hug you?" Tony asks. Steve nods and Tony throws himself into Steve's arms.

"I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't've doubted you, I shoulda listened, I should have trusted you. I love you so much, Stevie, and I'm here for you if you ever need anything."

Steve holds on tight to Tony. "Do you want to go to lunch with me?" He asks.

Tony smiles and interlaces his fingers with Steve's. "I would love to." 

so if you remember the original then you know this is very different, but if you're new hi welcome it has always been like this!!! 

xoxo val