Happy Birthday Peter!!! (edited)

second rewrite in one day! im truly amazing

anyways, this is after endgame but like no one died because i said so

(my art. it's not great but it's a thing i drew)

enjoy!! <3

Peter was used to not much for his birthdays. His aunt May never had a lot of time since she was working two jobs. They would always go out somewhere and May would play the birthday card to get them a free dessert.

After the Snap, and everything still in a sort of limbo, Peter really expected nothing. It wasn't that he thought his family didn't care, it's just that they had a lot better things to do. Plus, he was seventeen, he didn't really feel the need to celebrate his birthday.

He scans his card and presses the button for the living room area. He and Tony are working on upgrades for the Iron Spider suit, but firstly, food.

"Happy birthday!" The Avengers chorus. Peter stops in his tracks.

"But-"

"But nothing. It's been a long couple of years. Happy birthday kid." Tony says, handing Peter an envelope. Peter tears it open, pulling out a card filled with signatures and tickets.

"What are these?" Peter asks.

"Laser tag tickets. You've mentioned it enough, I figured we should finally do it." Tony says. Peter looks behind him at Nat, Thor, Clint, Bruce, Wanda, Bucky, Sam, and Steve smiling, all wearing cheesy party hats.

"Oh, and one more surprise."

"Happy birthday, Parker!" Shuri says.

"Shuri!" Peter tackles her in a hug. They started talking after the Snap, when Tony brought him along to talk to King T'Challa.

Peter hasn't seen her since because schedules were hard to coordinate.

"Are you ready for laser tag?" Peter asks.

"I'm ready to kick your asses." Shuri says, grinning.

"And with that terrifying display of confidence, let's roll out!" Tony says.

They arrive at the laser tag place with five minutes to spare.

"I think I want my nickname to be something cool." Peter says. "Like-"

"Like Spiderman." Natasha says, grinning.

"Hey! And no, I was thinking like 'Death Blade'." Peter says, waving his hands for dramatic flourish.

"That's terrible." Bucky says, leaning on Sam's shoulder. "You should never be allowed to come up with superhero names ever again."

"Oh, yeah, Mr. White Wolf."

"I didn't come up with that and-"

"How about we just use our superhero names or our normal ones? That sound reasonable?" Tony teases.

"Fine." The group groans.

"Tony Stark?" The employee says.

"That's me."

"Alright, if you want to give me your nicknames, then you can go in and get your vests. My coworker will be in shortly to explain the rules."

"Peter, you want to go first?" Peter nods.

"Spiderman."

"Black Panther." Shuri flashes Peter a smile and follows him into the room. The rest of their group gives their names and they file into a small room.