You're an Idiot (Cherik)

WHAT IS UP FELLOW NERDS AND GEEKS

this is a jane austen ish au featuring our two favorite mutants. 

(are they your favorites? idk i just made it up.)

anywho i hope you like it!

Charles's POV

My younger sister Raven is already getting married, and I'm still single.

My best friend Erik likes to joke that I'll be a bachelor forever, but he can't laugh, he doesn't have anyone but me, and his older sister Emma. The Lehnsherr's live just across the river from my mother and me.

Erik and I met when we were 10, nine years ago. Erik had just moved to England from Germany, and he didn't know anybody, and my mother and I went to visit. Erik and I hit it off right away, and we've been friends ever since. Our friendship is, to say the least, open. We tell each other everything, and we tease and throw around pet names, but to Erik, we're only friends.

A pounding on the library door brings my attention back to the real world.

"Come in!" I call. The door creaks open and Erik walks in and throws himself on the nearest chair and sighs dramatically.

"What's wrong, darling?" I ask. Erik sighs again, and I close the book on my lap, and center my attention on the man in front of me.

"Emma's moving away. She and Raven, and their husbands, of course, are going to London." Erik groans.

"Erik, didn't you already know about this?" I ask. Erik shakes his head.

"She's my only family, Charles, and I knew she would leave eventually, but I didn't think this soon." Erik laments. (Wow, that sounds like some aggressive song. "Now presented Erik Lehnsherr and his new hit single 'Erik Laments!'" Alright I'm done, enjoy the story!)

"Well, you still have me." I offer. "And my mother loves you, you can just stay with us."

Erik cracks open one eye and offers me a shark-like smile. "Wow, Xavier, desperate?"

"Oh, like you're doing so much better than me." I tease. Erik frowns and playfully whacks my shoulder. I smile innocently, my face heating up. I look down at my lap, the silence between us quickly turning awkward.

"Shall we take a walk?" Erik asks, breaking the silence. I nod excitedly. We navigate the large manor house, before exiting, and running down towards the river, both of us laughing. I skid to a stop at the river bank.

"C'mon, Charles!" Erik calls. I look over and watch as Erik scrambles up the tree.

"Be careful!" I call, nervously, watching my best friend balance across a branch.

"Charles, stop being such a coward, climb-" Erik windmills his arms, and slips off the branch, plummeting towards the water.

"ERIK!" I scream.

Will there be more? 

stay tuned to see if i actually decide to kill off a character 

there will be a part two coming soon tho, so hang on until then

SIDE NOTE IF THIS FEELS FAMILIAR ITS BECAUSE IT WAS IN MY MULTI FANDOM BOOK UNTIL I REBRANDED, NOW ITS GOING INTO MY MARVEL BOOK, SO SORRY IF YOU WANTED SOMETHING NEW, I PROMISE, ILL POST A WINTERFALCON OR A HAWKSILVER IN THE COMING DAYS

and you can hold me to that. 

please suggest ships, ideas, aus literally anything that i can use to write a oneshot. 

thank you!!!

XOXO Valkyrie