If The Shoe Fits Pt. 2 (Stony)

AND HERE IT IS THE LONG AWAITED SEQUEL 

(I know, I know, the wait for this was harder than waiting for s4 of Sherlock)

(I'm kidding) 

(okay, enjoy)

"Pri-Prince?" Tony stutters, before dropping into a low bow. 

"No, no, you don't have to do that." Steve laughs, and Tony straightens, his cheeks flushing red. The song changes, and Steve smiles and holds out a hand. "May I have this dance?" 

Tony bites his lip and nods, taking Steve's hand. 

They spin to the beat, twirling and spinning and laughing. 

Tony knew people were watching. He could feel their judgmental eyes on him, but he didn't care. For the first time in a long time, he felt free, and he was going to milk the feeling for all its worth. 

***

Steve could tell something was wrong. His mystery date kept checking the large clock over the entry doors. 

Steve didn't know if it was him, if he was making the man uncomfortable, or if there was something wrong. 

The man had refused to tell Steve his name, claiming he was embarrassed, but Steve could tell that it wasn't it. 

Steve grabs the man's hands, and pulls him onto the dance floor. The man grins widely and lets out a laugh as Steve spins him around, his golden coat tails twirling around him like ropes of sunlight. 

The two make their way around the dance floor, getting stares from everyone, including Steve's father and mother, the former openly glaring at his son. 

Steve turns a bit to avoid their gaze, and meets the man's eyes, sparkling in the light. 

"C'mon, let's go to the gardens." The man tugs at Steve's sleeve and the two make their way to the moonlit garden. 

They stroll through the hedge maze and the flower gardens, talking. 

Well, Steve was doing a lot of the talking, the man was listening attentively, adding a sarcastic comment or related story that didn't have much personal information in it. 

As they made their way back inside, the man checked the clock, and froze, before whispering an apology and running up the stairs and out the door. 

***

Tony couldn't remember a time when he felt this happy. 

As he and Steve made their way back inside, (it was pretty cold, you really can't stay outside for longer then twenty minutes) Tony checked the clock. 

No. 

Crap. 

He had five minutes to make it back home before everything changed. 

He turned to Steve. "I'm so sorry. I have to go. Don't follow me." Tony wove through the crowds, and ran up the stairs as quickly as possible. 

"Stop him!" He heard Steve shout from inside the palace, and Tony winced. 

The guards on the outside stairwell started chasing him. 

One manages to step on Tony's shoe, but Tony pulls free, not caring about his sock getting wet, only caring that Steve doesn't see him for who he truly is. 

A servant. 

Tony mounts the horse and gallops away, hoping that he makes it back before Howard and the step monsters.