Valentine's Day (WinterFalcon) (edited)

artist is sheep.sy on instagram!! 

(no powers in this au)

"How does it look?" Sam spins around to look at Nat, who's reclining on the sofa drinking champagne.

"It looks good."

"But?" Sam prompts. He brought Nat instead of Steve because Natasha gives you her honest opinion. It's brutal but effective.

"But it's not you. It just looks like you're putting on a disguise." Natasha says, taking a sip of her champagne.

Sam sighs and tugs at the suit jacket. "Yeah, you're right. As usual." Natasha grins and Sam steps back into the changing room.

He unbuttons the jacket and slips the new one on. Sam looks in the mirror.

Three years he and Bucky had been dating. Today's Valentine's Day and Bucky's always telling Sam about how when he was a kid, he and his little sister would go over to their grandparents with their cousins and spend the day doing crafts and eating candy and it was one of his fondest memories.

Sam knew that Bucky loved Valentine's Day, even if the holiday itself is tacky, Sam loves Bucky and he wants to show him.

Sam walks out in the last suit they had picked out and Natasha claps. "Spin!" She says. Sam turns and Natasha whistles.

"This is it!"

Sam looks down. It's a dark maroon suit jacket with dark maroon pants. The shirt is black with a fading black to maroon bow tie.

"Do you like it?" Natasha asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I really like it."

"Alright, loverboy, let's get the suit and get you a fiance!"

"Did you get the ring?" Sam asks. Steve nods and hands Sam a box.

He flips it open and looks at the metal with gold engraving, matching Bucky's prosthetic arm with gold markings painted around the groves.

Bucky was insecure about it when they first started dating, but as he and Sam got closer, he started getting more comfortable with it and going without the prosthetic in front of Sam.

On the inside, Sam had it engraved to say 'te iubesc', which is Romanian for 'I love you'.

"It's gorgeous." Sam breathes. He knew what it would look like, he gave very specific instructions to the jewler, but seeing it in person was something new.

Steve crushes Sam in a hug. "I'm so happy for you both."

"He hasn't said yes yet." Sam says. Steve backs up and grins.

"Come on, Wilson, that man is head over heels for you, you know that."
Sam smiles and looks down at his feet.

"Thanks, Steve. And thanks for picking up the ring."

"Of course. Just promise me I can be a groomsman or whatever they're called at your wedding." Steve says.

Sam nods. "I think Bucky might claim you for best man, but if you can be both, we'll let you be both." Steve pumps his fists in the air.

Sam pockets the ring box and thanks Steve one more time before heading to his final stop. His and Bucky's apartment.

They've lived there for a year and a half now. It's covered with photos of the two of them, mementos of their three years together.

"Buck? You ready, we have dinner reservations?" Sam says, knocking once on their bedroom door before walking in.

Bucky stands in front of the mirror with his tie unbuttoned.

"Can you help?" Bucky asks sheepishly.

"I think it's funny you think I can tie a tie, but yes." Sam crosses the room and in a few swift moves ties Bucky's tie.

"See, I knew you could do it." Bucky murmurs, pressing a kiss to Sam's lips. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day. Now come on, we're going to be late." Sam grabs Bucky's hand and leads him out the door and down to their favorite fancy restaurant.

The waiter takes their menus and Sam reaches into his pocket for the ring box.

"Hey, Bucky, I got something I need to tell you."

"You're breaking up with me, right? Is it because I-"

"No, never. The opposite, actually." Sam lowers himself onto one knee and pulls out the ring box. Bucky gasps, tears filling his eyes.

"Do you remember when we first met? Steve and Tony were hosting a party and we were invited. We played darts together and then it got stuffy inside so we went into the backyard and layed in the grass and looked at the stars. You knew so many constellations, I could've listened to you all night. I would've listened to you all night, if it hadn't started raining. We decided to head back to my place and we sat on the couch and watched movies until I fell asleep. That was one of the happiest moments of my life. The three years we've been together have been the happiest years of my life and I don't want to imagine where I'd be without you. You are my best friend, my favorite person, and the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. So, Bucky Barnes, will you marry me?"

Tears are streaming down Bucky's face and he nods. "Yes, yes, of course!" Sam slides the ring on Bucky's finger and stands up to kiss him.

"I love you." Sam murmurs.

"I love you too."

yall theyre so cute even though im the one that wrote them that way

anyways hope yall have a good night/day/afternoon!!!

xoxo val