What Happened in Siberia? (Stony)

hey y'all. so this takes place after civil war, if the avengers all reunited and worked out their problems, and now they are all living in the avengers compound together.

one quick note, only steve, bucky and tony know what happened in siberia, they haven't told the rest of the team. Steve cus he's ashamed, and tony because whenever he tries to talk about it, even just to natasha, he has a panic attack. 

enjoy!!!

Steve's POV

"Tony, you could have gotten us killed!" I shout, taking my shield off and letting it hit the ground. 

Tony takes a step back. 

"I'm- I'm sorry, Steve, I didn't mean-" Tony starts. 

"That's just it, Tony, you never mean to do anything! You just mess everything up, and never think of the consequences-"

"Hey, Steve, maybe take it down a notch, we're all fine." Natasha and the rest of the team walk into the room. 

"Take it down a notch! Nat, he could have gotten you killed, he could have gotten himself killed! If we had failed!" I throw my hands up and Tony flinches back, almost tripping over himself in an effort to get away. 

I lower my hands and look over at Tony, who's breathing hard and grabbing his own hands, wringing them nervously. 

"Tony, what's wrong?" Natasha walks over to Tony and leads him over to a sofa. 

Clint and Sam both look at me judgmentally, before walking over to Tony as well. 

What did I do?

And then it hits me. 

The shield dropping, the raised voices, the way he flinched back like I would hurt him. 

Siberia. 

I haven't told anyone. I didn't want them to know I hurt Tony like that, like he was just another enemy. 

I tentatively walk over to where Tony is sitting. 

"Steve, what did you do?" Natasha demands, rubbing Tony's back. 

"We had a... a small fight in Siberia." 

Tony inhales shakily and tears start to form. 

"Sma-small is not-not the right word." He stutters. Natasha glares at Steve for a moment before walking out. 

She comes back in a moment later, Bucky in tow. 

"Hey, what's wrong with Tony?" 

"Steve shouted at him, and now Tony's having a panic attack." Natasha answers. Tony buries his face in his hands, and Natasha gestures for Clint, Sam, Bucky and me to circle up over where she was. 

"Steve, what happened?" Natasha asks softly. 

"Tony found out Bucky killed his parents. He got really angry."

"It escalated. I could tell that Tony didn't want to hurt Steve, but it wasn't a fair fight, and Steve was just trying to defend me." Bucky speaks up. He fiddles with his metal arm, and looks at the ground. 

"Wait, so you two beat up Tony? Anything else I should know about?" Natasha sounds angry. I would be too. 

Bucky mumbles something. 

"What was that?

"Steve pinned Tony down and slammed his shield into the arc reactor." Bucky says. 

"You what!" Natasha exclaims loudly. 

"Nat, I'm sorry! I hate that I did that! I hate that I hurt Tony, and I hate that I hurt him this time! This is my fault, and it's my fault for Siberia, and I'm so sorry!" 

I look back over at the couch, where Tony is looking at me. 

I walk over to him and sit down. 

"Tony, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have fought you. I shouldn't have fought back. I should have stayed. You were just trying to protect us."

"I didn't want you to leave. I wanted us to stay together. We were so happy. I finally had friends again, who didn't just work for me. And then you left. You left and I was alone again."

Tears stream down Tony's face. I bring my hand up and wipe the tears away. 

"I'm here now. And I won't leave again."

Tony's eyes meet my own, and they're full of self loathing and fear and sadness, that I break and press my lips to his. 

"Promise?" Tony asks, his voice breaking. 

"Promise."

 Okay guys that was kinda crappy, but whatever.   

it took like four hours to write this

i'll probably update soon, but if you want to send in requests and ships and stuff, that would be great!!

that's all 

XOXO Valkyrie