no colors till i met you (Hawksilver) (edited)

(soulmate au where you can't see colors until you make eye contact with your soulmate)

Clint was used to the world being black and white. He was used to not knowing if his clothes matched or what color his eyes were or even if the cakes he decorated were the right colors.

All throughout high school and culinary school, Clint didn't try to meet his soulmate. He was perfectly happy in his little apartment that he shared with Natasha.

Natasha met her soulmate in college. Wanda Maximoff. The two of them were perfect together, which makes sense, given they were soulmates.

Clint didn't talk much with Wanda. He didn't talk much with anyone. He just didn't need anyone. There wasn't any subconscious desire to meet his soulmate.

That is, until he walked into Clint's bakery, arm in arm with someone else.

"Hi, how can I help..." Clint trails off as his entire world changes. "Uh, I'm sorry, my break just started, my coworker can take care of you." Clint rushes to the back and takes off his apron. His legs give out and he collapses against the wall before sliding to the ground.

His soulmate came into his bakery. With someone else.

Clint's chest is tightening.

This was not how he wanted that to go.

No, scratch that, he didn't want this at all.

But if this was something he wanted, he would really like it if his soulmate wasn't with someone else.

"Clint? Clint?" Natasha barges into the back room and kneels in front of Clint. "What's wrong? Sam texted me and said you ran in here without saying anything?"

"I found my soulmate. I found my soulmate, but I don't think I'm his."

"How do you know?" Natasha asks, shifting so she's sitting next to Clint. "Maybe you misread the situation."

"They looked pretty in love to me." Clint says. "I didn't even want a soulmate! Why did he have to show up now! At my work! And why did I have to react like this!" Tears pool in Clint's eyes and he drops his head on Natasha's shoulder. "Why are emotions hard?"

"I don't know."

.

Pietro didn't find out about soulmates until he was in highschool. He remembered Wanda being so excited to find hers, and Pietro was too. But time went on and Pietro started to lose hope.

Wanda met her soulmate in college. The two of them were sickeningly in love and it only made Pietro feel worse. Of course he was happy for his sister, but he wanted that. He wanted intimacy and touch and he wanted someone who understood him.

At this point in his life, he was resigned to just waiting. There were plenty of people without soulmates and they were still in committed relationships. Maybe that was all he needed.

Pietro finally agreed to let Wanda set him up with one of her friends, a woman named Agnes. Wanda recommended this cute bakery that her soulmate's best friend works at, and so Pietro showed up, arm in arm with his blind date.

The man working behind the counter turned around to greet the pair and color melted into view. The man freezes, before running into the back.

Pietro didn't know what to do. That was his soulmate. And he ran away.

"Agnes, I-"

"You just saw color, didn't you?" Pietro nods.

"I'm so sorry, Agnes. Really, I am."

"It's fine." Agnes waves her hand. "You're not my type anyways." She presses a light kiss to Pietro's cheek, before waving goodbye and leaving the bakery. Pietro turns back to the counter, where a man with a gold wedding band around his finger stands.

Gold

It's beautiful.

"I have to go talk to the man in the back. The one who ran out." Pietro says. "He's- we're-"

"Soulmates. Natasha told me. He's in the back." The man at the counter stops Pietro. "Don't. Hurt him." He says. Pietro nods.

The man lets Pietro go back.

"Hello?" Pietro asks. "I'm looking for my, uh, my soulmate?"

He hears rustling from behind a counter and a man with a purple t-shirt, blonde hair stands up and a bandaid across his nose.

The man waves. "Hi." He says. "I'm sorry for running. I got scared. I'm Clint." Clint sticks his hand out and Pietro takes it.

"Pietro."

Clint's eyes are a shining blue and Pietro never wants to look away.

Finally, after all this time, Pietro finally found his soulmate.

And he seems pretty awesome. 

k i know i completely changed this one, but honestly, i like this one a lot more

comment share all that good stuff and find me on tumblr @angelwiththeblue-box 

xoxo val