Can you believe the news? (Cherik)

So, this is like, an alternate ending to First Class, cus it still makes me cry, so I'm changing it. 

So like, they're not on the beach yet, it's like the preparation to the beach.

Charles's POV

"Erik! Did you hear the news?" I push open the door to my friend's room without knocking. He turns around and smirks at me. 

Oh God, he doesn't have a shirt on. 

I blush and turn around. "Erik, get a shirt on, then I'll tell you my exciting news." 

"Are you sure, liebling? Maybe we'll just-" Erik purrs. 

"Erik! Shirt now!" I order, my face burning. 

I hear fabric rustling. "Ok, Charles, I have a shirt on now." I turn around, and take a deep breath, trying to focus. "Charles, what'd you want to tell me?" 

"O-oh right." I stutter. "Hank just came back from town, he said that the president released a new bill. The Mutant-Civil Right's Bill. We have equal rights! We don't have to hide anymore!" I grin at Erik, who gives me a thin-lipped smile. 

"Congratulations, liebling, it's all you've been working for." I nod, then slow down.

"Wait, why aren't you excited, this is what we've all been working for?" I ask. Erik shrugs. 

"It's not all I've ever wanted." 

It takes all my willpower not to read his mind, but I made a promise. I wouldn't go in without his permission.

"What do you want?" I won't read his mind, that doesn't mean I won't try to find out.

Erik deserves happiness, after all he's been through.

"Can't you just look, and figure it out," Erik sneers. I take an uneasy step back. 

"Erik, you know I won't read your mind without your permission, I made a promise," I defend.  

Erik deflates and sits down on his bed. I lightly sit next to him. 

"What's wrong, Erik?" 

"Mutants are getting their rights, which means you're finally going to start all those big plans You'll start your school and probably forget about me, and I just-" 

I move closer to Erik and press my lips against his. 

Erik gasps, and I move away, standing up and walking over to the door, my facing burning.

"Erik, I'm sorry, I just, I'm never going to forget you, and I just, I had to tell you." I ramble. Erik stands up and stalks closer to me. "You probably want me to leave, so I'll just go."

Erik places a hand on my cheek and smiles. "I don't want you to leave." He says softly. He leans down and kisses me on the lips. 

I press back, and wrap my arm around his waist, pulling him in closer. 

"I love you, liebling," Erik whipsers.

"I love you too, Erik."

I mean, I guess it's good. I didn't really know where I was going, so I improvised. It makes sense, so I'm calling it a win.

Please vote, and comment on what you would like to read!

Also, the coronavirus is spreading, so please stay safe!!!!

XOXO Valkyrie