If The Shoe Fits Pt. 3 (Stony)

PART THREEEEEEE AND THE LONG AWAITED FINALE THAT WILL HOPEFULLY BE BETTER THAN THE SPN FINALE (yes I'm throwing shade, I'm angry and also depressed) 

wow, I feel like I always write weddings and in reality I've been to one wedding and I was five and remember exactly none of it

so get excited!!!

It's been a year since Tony moved into the palace, and it's been hectic. 

Planning a wedding, while also training on how to be a decent King, is not easy to say the least. 

But, Tony wouldn't change a thing. 

Because at every night, he gets to go to his room, where Steve is waiting with either, dinner, or just to talk, and it's wonderful. 

One of the maids who clean his room, a girl name Pepper, has become one of Tony's closest friends, along with one of Tony's guards, a boy his age named Rhodey. 

Tony's gotten close with a lot of the staff, having some previous knowledge on getting ordered around. 

Most of the kingdom actually liked him, which Steve's parents were happy about. All that was left to do was get married. 

***

And then it's the day of the wedding

"What's wrong?" Tony asks, buttoning up his shirt. 

"The freaking kitchen staff are all a bunch of nightmares. But I got you this." Pepper pulls out two rolls and hands one to Tony. 

"Yes, Pepper, you're a saint." Pepper raises an eyebrow, and smiles. 

"I know." Tony and Pepper sit there for a couple minutes, before Rhodey bursts in.

"Oh, look the gang's here." Tony comments. 

"The wedding is in TEN MINUTES!" Rhodey exclaims. 

Tony looks down at his dress shirt and pants, covered in crumbs. He stands up and brushes himself off, before pulling on the jacket, and slipping on his shoes. 

"Ready."

"How you managed before me is a miracle." Rhodey says, rubbing his temple. 

"Here, let me fix your hair." Pepper stands up, and runs her hands through Tony's hair a couple of times before moving back.

"Good. You're ready." 

"Great. Let's go." Rhodey turns to go, before pointing at Pepper's hair. "First, fix that."

Pepper stares at Rhodey in outrage, before tying her hair up, and crossing her arms.

"Okay. Now we can go."

Rhodey and Pepper escort me into the throne room, which has been transformed into a large wedding venue. 

Pepper moves off to the side, and Rhodey grins at Tony, before walking him down the aisle. 

Steve stands at the end, looking radiant. His golden blond hair has been combed back and he's wearing a stunning white suit, with gold trim. 

Tony's breath catches as Rhodey hands him off. Tony stumbles a bit, and catches Steve's hand, blushing furiously. 

The minister starts going on about love, and how marriage brings people together, but Tony was too busy staring at Steve.

"Your vows, now? I believe you both wrote them?" Tony and Steve nod, and the minister motions for Steve to go first. 

"I, uh, I never expected to marry for love. I always kind of thought that I would marry a lord, or another prince, and it would be a mutual agreement for the sake of my people. But then my dad had an idea, of a way to meet someone who I genuinely like, and I didn't know how it would go. But, then I met you. And you were... well, amazing. You were funny, and smart, and when you ran, I had to find you, and get to know you better. And over the year, I have, and I fall in love with you more every day." 

Tony blushes again, and subtly wipes away the tears that fell down his face. 

"I guess it's my turn." Tony says, and a few people laugh. "I'm not a public speaker, I'm not good with my words or expressing myself, but I want to try, because that was a beautiful speech, and I won't be able to get anywhere near that level. But Steve, that night, at the ball, I never wanted to leave. I was so happy to find someone who didn't treat me like I was less than a person. And Steve, you never made me feel less than, just because I wasn't royal born, or wasn't exactly the best candidate to run a kingdom. And I love you so much more than I ever thought I would love anyone." 

Both of them were in tears at that point. 

"The rings." 

Tony pulls out his ring first, and slips it onto Steve's finger. 

Steve does the same thing, and keeps hold of Tony's hands. 

"I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss." 

Steve moves first and presses his lips to Tony's while cheers arise from the crowd. 

***

"Hello, husband." Steve walks into Tony's room, grinning. 

"Husband." The word warms Tony, and when Steve comes to sit next to him, Tony grabs his hand, and twists his ring around, smiling softly. 

"Do you regret it?" Steve asks. 

"Regret what?" Tony looks up in shock. 

"Becoming my husband. You're going to be a king one day, that's not an easy task."

"Not for one moment." Tony answer easily. "Never. I love you, that's all there is too it."

"I love you too."

Was it good? I hope so

ive been in such a weird mood, with spn ending TERRIBLY and all the shit with the spanish dub and its crazy, but here im updating!!

yayyyyy

go check out my other books, im super proud of them!!!

XOXO Valkyrie