Slap or Kiss Part 2 (Winterfalcon)

IT HAS ARRIVED!!! THE LONG AWAITED (it's been like two days but whatever) SEQUEL TO SLAP OR KISS 

i was actually planning on waiting a while, to make y'all suffer, but i loved writing the first one, so here's the sequel. 

i hope you love it!!!

Bucky's POV

I watch Sam get up and leave. 

I turn back to the group, to find they're all staring at me. 

"What? What are you all staring at me for?" I ask, fully aware of the fact that Sam and I kissed for a good minute. 

It's only a game though. 

"Seriously, Buck?" Natasha demands. "Sam's in love with you!"

"He's... what? He's in love with... me?" 

The whole circle groans, and Tony even puts his head in his hands. 

"Bucky, I'm going to tell you something, and if you dare act surprised, I swear to God." Natasha threatens. 

I nod, and Natasha smiles. 

"Great. Sam Wilson, the man who just ran out of the room, has been in love with you for four years, since eighth grade."

Sam's been in love with me... since we were 14?

"Jesus, Barnes, go talk to him!" Tony exclaims. "You both have been mooning over each other since as long as I have known both of you!"

I look around the room. 

"Go, Bucky!" The group shouts, and I stand up and follow Sam out the door. 

"Sam! Sam!" I call. 

Gimme a break, the house is big. 

I walk outside, and look around, spotting a silhouetted figure leaning against the house. 

"Sam?" I ask, lowering my voice. 

"Go away, Bucky." A muffled voice says. 

I, instead of doing that, walk over to him and sit down. 

"Hey, Sam."

"I don't want to talk." Sam replies, his head still tucked to his chest, as he hugs his knees tighter to his chest. 

"I know. So I will." I tell him, crossing my legs, and starting my story. "We met in seventh grade. I was jealous that Steve liked you better than me, so I spent most of that year trying to sabotage you. It didn't work." I smile to myself, before continuing. "Steve started dating Tony in ninth grade, and that's when we started hanging out more. I loved when we ditched school together and went to 7-11, or the arcade. One time we brought the whole gang with us and played laser tag, remember?"

Sam removes his head, as a car passes by, shining it's bright light on both of us, and I finally see Sam's face, which is stained with tears. 

"What? You going to mock me?" Sam defends, his voice shaky.F

"No, Sam I wouldn't-"

"Finish your story, Buck."

"Okay. I remember, in laser tag, we teamed up. We won, and started jumping up and down with excitement. I remember the look in your eyes, the pure unrelenting joy, like there wasn't anything better than playing laser tag with our gang, and winning. You looked so unburdened and... well, if I'm being honest... beautiful." 

At that, Sam's head snapped up and he turned to face me. 

"That was in tenth grade. For two years, I've liked you, and I never thought you felt the same, because you never seemed to act any differently around me, so I just assumed that my feelings were one sided."

"They never were." Sam speaks, a light smile on his lips. 

"Why'd you run out?"

"I've never liked big crowds, you know this. Even within our friend group, I get nervous easily. Tony started teasing and I psyched myself out. I thought maybe you didn't like me, or that you thought I was weird." Sam lets out an emotionless laugh. "It sounds stupid saying it out loud."

I reach out and brush the tears off of his face. "It's not stupid."

My eyes flicker down to his lips, before coming back up to meet his eyes. 

"Do you think we could-"

But Sam interrupts, moving forward and pressing his lips against my own, cupping my face in his hands. 

I lower my hand so it's draped lightly around his neck. 

I bite his lip and Sam lets out a low moan. 

I break the kiss, breathing hard. 

Sam presses his forehead against mine, smiling. 

"I didn't think that this could ever happen." Sam breathes, grabbing a fistful of my shirt. 

"Good things do happen, Sam." I comment. Sam laughs, the sound filling me with joy. 

I'd do anything, just to be able to hear that laugh over and over again. 

"They really do." Sam replies. 

"Let's get out of here, get dessert, maybe a nice hotel room." I tell him, smirking. 

"Wow, Buck, first date and you're already trying to sleep with me." Sam comments, standing up. 

"Can't wait to tell Nat that this dumb game of Bruce's got me a boyfriend." I stand up and take Sam's hand in my own.

"Boyfriend." Sam muses as we walk down the sidewalk 

"We don't have to, I mean it's just... if you want too." I stammer nervously. 

Sam smiles and leans up to press a kiss to my cheek. "I like the sound of that. Boyfriend."

We walk down the sidewalk, talking about nothing and everything, our hands swinging between us.

Boyfriends. 

OH MY GOSH SO CUTE GUYS I LOVE IT

see, i told you, it all worked out in the end. 

i had tons of fun writing this, so you may see this little trope that i may have invented coming back many times. 

pls go check out my other stories they're pretty fucking amazing, if i do say so myself

thanks for #2 on winterfalcon again. still don't actually know how it works, but it means a lot!!!!

love you all!!!!

XOXO Valkyrie