ten

It's 8 pm and Jane hasn't come home, she didn't even text, but I have nothing to do so I don't mind staying here. I'm wondering where she went though, maybe I'll just ask when I see her.

I'm sipping on some hot cocoa while watching Crazy Rich Asians on Netflix, Joj hasn't come out of his room since this morning and I wonder if he's doing okay.

So yeah, I'm so hooked up on this movie and I'm nearing the ending, Rachel and Nick are so cute, but it must be so pressuring for Rachel after just discovering that her boyfriend is someone famous, actually, I don't even think famous is the right word for it, he's like, the prince.

He's so damn rich and is the one inheriting everything, imagine the power he has. Rachel doesn't see him any different though, she just loves him, for him, not because of the other things going on.

Honestly, that's how I view love, too. If you really love someone, you love them for who they are not because of other aspects, may that aspect be a pro or a con. Love is love, their status, sexuality, and other aspects don't matter, what matters is the person themselves.

In the middle of the movie, his door opened, revealing a sleepy-looking George, did he just wake up again?

"Hi." I said, almost mumbled, he glanced my way then quickly looked away. I furrowed my eyebrows at his reaction and just watched him make his way to the kitchen. I already cooked dinner and I left food on the counter, he can just get his food there.

5 minutes passed and he's still in the kitchen, I got a little curious and peeked, he's sitting on a stool with his untouched food in front of him. He looked in my direction after recognizing my presence then looked down as if avoiding eye contact with me.

"Are you okay?" I said softly as I walk towards him.

"I'm fine," he replied, grabbing a fork and started poking his food. I stood there for a few seconds observing if he's going to eat but the food poking continued for a few more seconds.

Silence wrapped us, both of us just looking at the food in front of us. There's tension and I don't know what to do about it.

"Joj-"

"Frey-"

We simultaneously spoke, breaking the deafening silence, we were surprised because we spoke at the same time. We finally had eye contact, and he's not looking away now.

"You first." I smiled at him. He sent a smile back but it doesn't really look and felt like one.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, not breaking eye contact. "I really felt like a nuisance today."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"What's with the apologies? I already said it's fine." I said, reassuring him, now taking a seat across him so I can comfortably talk and sit. "And you're not."

There were once again mere seconds of tranquility, but there's less tension, maybe because he got to say what he wanted to say. I kept quiet, waiting patiently for him to speak again. I pretended to look somewhere else cause I thought maybe staring at him would make him feel uncomfortable.

"Are you going to leave?" He asked.

"What?"

"I said what I said."

"No," I answered sternly. "Is that what's bothering you?"

He didn't answer after that.

Is that what he's been thinking the whole time?

He did mention a lot already left, I don't even know those people but I have a feeling he's grown a friendship or attachment to them and then suddenly they left, maybe that's what he's thinking.