forty nine

George's point of view

A day before the amusement park date

"When are you going to tell her?" Shauna mumbled as she write down notes regarding today's consultation.

"I don't know honestly, I can't bring myself to do it." I sighed, putting my face in the palms of my hand. "I promised her I'll be better."

"We could still continue, there's only a small chance but I'd urge you to follow through, who knows, right?" She reassured. "but you still need to set everyone's expectations."

The condition is just getting worse. I guess me deciding to take therapy was already too late. But if I can be positive and bear all of what I need to experience with this process, I might still make it.

I do fucking hope so, that is.

"Alright, alright," I groaned. "Give me some time to collect myself."

"I'm not rushing you, I'm just saying." She let out an exparated sigh.

I don't even know if I can bring myself to do it, I don't want to hurt her again. No.

"Can I have one request though?" I turned to Shauna and she looked up to me, stopping what she was doing.

"Yes?"

"Can I have time to go out?"

Shauna stopped and gave me a firm stare. As if she was immensely thinking of her next response.

"Can you go out?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's why I'm asking you, bruh."

"No, I mean can you go out?"

I kept my perflexed stare at her, waiting for her to elaborate what she meant.

"Can you move around? Can you endure the whole time of being outdoors?" She finally explained. "I don't want to be strict with you, I want you to enjoy the time that you still have, every second of it. I'm just asking if can you actually take it?"

"I can take it." I answered in a heartbeat.

I am still willing to fight, but a part of me is already giving up to be completely frank with you.

But I can still fight it and enjoy life at the same time, right?

"What are you doing?" She asked when I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and started to contact Sean.

"I want to record a new album." I said with a hint of confidence in my tone.

Writing and singing is a way for me to cope, always so consoling. Besides from having Freya around.

Sean answered the phone after the third ring.

"George, how are you?" His tone cheerful, haven't heard his voice in a while.

"I want to record a new album." I repeated what I just told Shauna with the same enthusiastic tone.

Tranquility filled the line, like Sean was waiting for me to say something. "Sean?"

"Do you want us to bring the recording studio at the hospital?" He replied, his voice cominng out as if he said those lines smiling.

"If that would be possible." I laughed. "Would it?"

"Actually, we can make it happen don't you worry, we got a good production team." Sean reassured.

Shauna just shrugged and went back on writing her findings and report from today's session as we contjnued talking on the phone.

"I know." I grinned. "When's the quickest we can make this happen?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Great." I chuckled. "You're the best Sean, don't you worry I already have some songs in mind."

"I know, you're Joji." Sean replied, coming out as proud, and it feels nice to have someone trust me with my works like this.

"I have plans tomorrow, you can have it set up while I'm out."

"While you're what?"

"Out."

"Out as in?" Sean continued, trying to understand what I was saying. "Outside?"

"Uhuh."

"You've got guts." Sean laughed, "seems like you're doing better."

I wish, Sean.

I wish I can make it.

-----------------

filler chapter but i'm boutta write the next one too, I want to make a story about smithereens, would be cool, right?

IM SORRY FOR UPDATED AFTER A YEAR AND 3 MONTHS LMFAOOOOO I HATE WORKING