two

Today is a rainy day and I'm not complaining, it's my favorite weather, and I get to wear sweatshirts in comfort. My closet is literally just sweatshirts, very cute and stylish ones.

Today, I'm wearing my favorite pastel blue-collared sweatshirt with cats on a Sakura tree as a design.

It's 9:30, but I don't want to be late, so I will go now. I've already cooked breakfast for my parents and I already ate my food.

I'm all set.

Mrs. Miller sent me an address, she said it's their house and I will just drop by there, it's actually not that far from my house. I headed out of the house and rode my bicycle.

The rain is already gone but the breeze is still chilling cold, but since I'm wearing a sweatshirt, the cold is bearable and even comforting, in a way.

The streets are empty because of the long downpour, I glanced at the people busy inside the cafes, people all on their phones. It seems that every one of us actually can't live without a phone and our lives revolve around it now. I guess this is the future.

I got to the address Mrs. Miller's texted me and damn it is a big ass grey house, the front yard itself is so big and is full of different kinds of flowers. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the gates for me.

A woman in a red dress went out of the front door and waved at me, she looks like she's in her 40s and is very cheerful, she seems nice. I guess it's Mrs. Miller.

"Hello! Good morning Violet," she greeted me while opening the gates for me and my bike to enter. "I hope meeting here isn't a hassle for you."

I would like to mention that I prefer being called Freya, but I just got lazy telling people to call me that so I go along with Violet. Maybe close friends and family are the only ones calling me Freya.

"It's fine ma'am, I just live 10 minutes away from here." I gave back her big smile and I followed her inside the gates and towards the big house.

When I entered, all I saw is black and white, literally. The walls are black, their furniture and other things in the house are just really black and white. Maybe they're minimalists.

It's actually a nice idea, I might do that to my own place if I earn enough money.

"You go right and you'll get to the living room, I'll just get us something to eat and drink." She instructed and I just nodded, walking slowly to the living room and just looking at the paintings on the walls.

I change my description, the house isn't entirely black and white, the only colorful things you'll see here are paintings on the walls, mostly minimalism, abstract expressionism, pop art, and renaissance. Also photographs, but I noticed it's all shot indoors. I wonder who's the artists of all of these?

When I got to the living room, I heard a faint sound of piano, my head turned to the direction of the music, it's coming from a closed door.

Since Mrs. Miller is still not around, I went near the door and pressed my ear to it, wanting to hear more of the sound of the piano.

Someone started singing.

Girl, would it kill you just to throw a little bit of attention?
If I hurt you, I'm afraid God's gonna teach me a lesson

Now would you hate me if I said goodbye
So quick you could eat my dust?
Now would you hate me if I ran like hell
In the wind from dawn til' dusk?

When you cry, you waste your time
Over boys you never liked
Can you not be so obvious
So keep it light
So keep it light, no