five

"You cook incredibly good!" Jane complimented just right after I put the dirty pan and used plates on the sink.

"Aw, not really. I just cook a lot at home maybe it's just some getting used to stuff." I chuckled, sitting across her on the counter.

I prepared bacon and pancakes for this morning, it's only 8 am and Jane is supposed to leave at 9 am, so we still have a few minutes to talk.

Jane is fun to talk to, she seems to get how people my age work, I mean, how we function, how we talk, how we act. I guess it's an advantage for a parent that's too focused on their son's life. I still haven't seen her and George actually communicate though, but Jane is really trying and I can see that.

"You can bring friends here if you like," Jane suddenly spoke up, breaking the comfortable silence in the room. "maybe things becomes lonely for you, since there's nothing to do here." She gave a small smile after that.

"I guess I'm fine here, I love being with my book and some hot cocoa." I shook my head to her offer. "but maybe I'll think about it, maybe I'll introduce some friends to George."

"That would be great!" Jane grinned widely. She's really all about George's feelings and to be honest that's all people my age just want to feel nowadays.

Even in our 20s we still seek for that kind of love, that kind of care, that kind of affection.

"Do you need anything more? I'll be leaving in a bit." She asked, standing up from her chair and preparing her bag.

"All is good." I reassured. "Got George's food here as well when he wakes up and gets out." I pointed at the food left at the table that's specifically for him.

"Okay, I'll be leaving now! I'm entrusting the house to you." She smiled waving as she sprint her way out.

My heart warmed at the sentence. I know it may sound so shallow but those kind of words really just gives me the warmth and makes me feel like I'm being really trusted. I live for it.

Is she really serious of me bringing a friend around though? I'll maybe contact my bestfriend Ezra, who knows maybe him and George will get along, since they're both dudes. That's how it works, right?

Freya
Ezzy!

I sent a text message to him. The last time I saw him was last month, everything got busy, he was looking for part time jobs before school and I just really focused on looking for a job as well, I think this month he started going to school but let's try.

Ezzy
Frey, what's up? Let's hang out!

I was about to type the same thing but it seems like he has read my mind.

Freya
Don't you have classes? But I'm free today ayeee

Ezzy
U dumb hoe, it's Saturdayyy

Freya
Wow how would I know some schools have Saturday classes u dumb bich

I chuckled at our conversation.

Freya
I'm actually at a job, but you can drop by here I'll send the address.

Ezzy
That's cool man, okay, just send it I'll be there in an hour

(I'm not really a solid Ezra Miller stan idk what he wants or what he does and stuff so I'll just really make an entirely new Ezra here idk if it will match the Ezra yall know)

I stood up from my seat and gathered all of the used cups we used for drinking coffee and hot cocoa, to bring it to the sink. I heard the chair make a sound so I turned and saw George sitting on where Jane was sitting earlier.

"Good morning." I greeted him with a smile and he just returned a nod, then looking at the covered plate that contains his breakfast. "Is that okay for you? Like, do you need more or something?" I asked, turning my body in his direction and bringing myself to sit across him.

"This is fine." He mumbled, pulling the plate closer to him.

"Okay," I answered briefly and opened up my phone, waiting for messages, from anyone really. Well, not that I talk to a lot of people, just some old friends sometimes and mostly just Ezra.

Even it's my job I still a bit shy when George is around, it's like I forget how to function? I still find it hard to communicate sometimes but I know I need to get out of that state.

I got to adjust for him.

"What's up buddy?" He suddenly spoke up, breaking the deafening silence. My body slightly jolted up from the sudden words from him.

"The ceiling?" I laughed dryly and slapped myself internally.

The fuck is wrong with you Freya?

"Oh, so you're making jokes now huh?" He chortled and shook his head while doing so.

I felt my cheeks flush from the embarrassment.

"Sorry, I was a bit surprised," I admitted and lowered my head.

"It's fine, like, it is weird that I just suddenly talk ain't it?" He laughed again, but it was more of a forced laugh. I felt bad.

"Oh no, George that's not what I mean.." I mumbled. "I'm just awkward I'm so sorry I-"

"Oh my god, Freya chill. It's a joke." He said changing expressions again and looking very amused at himself. "Get it? Cause like you made a joke first?"

This dude. Man...

He's confusing, he won't talk to me for days then just suddenly begins a conversation like this.

Oh well, I guess I'll just get used to it as time passes by, I need to learn to easily adjust and adapt to situations and my surroundings.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "Funny."

"Duh." He said with a smile. "Putting that aside, I'm actually curious about something though,"

I looked up at him and he has this perplexed expression on his face.

"Yeah?" I urged him to continue.

"Do people call you Freya or just really Violet?" He asked, taking a bite from his pancake. "Freya is actually a unique name I've never heard or read it before."

"I actually prefer being called Freya more than being called Violet."

"Okay, Freya. I was going to call you Violet because mom calls you that, but yeah, thought about it because maybe you like being called Freya." He rambled. I shook my head smiling.

"You should be out like this most of the time, I'm always here to talk if you want," I told him and he just gave me a close-mouthed smile and lowered his head.

"I'll try." He mumbled.

He can be a little flirty and outgoing to being awkward and shy in a snap.

That's George Miller for you.