nineteen

There's something I've been bothered about for a long time, it just feels weird speaking about it.

Where does Jane usually go when she doesn't come home from work? Man, and can I add, she can be gone for days, where does she go?

I looked at his locked door. I wonder if George knows, would it be weird if I ask him about it?

I shrugged and took a sip on my hot cocoa, opening the tv. It's 8 am, I wonder if he's already awake. I already prepared breakfast for us but I wasn't hungry so I just left it in the kitchen. I'll just wait for him and we'll eat breakfast together.

It's been a month since the confession. No, we aren't in a relationship nor I want to rush it, I guess knowing that we like each other is enough.

His door opened, revealing a sleepy looking George, rubbing his eyes. "Good morning." He greeted in his morning raspy voice.

"Good morning." I returned with a smile. He automatically sat beside me, laying his head on my shoulder. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." He replied, nodding his head.

Silence wrapped us after, I just looked at the tv watching whatever's on it. He snuggled closer to me and I just let him lay comfortably.

These little things are normal to me now but at the same time I still feel so giddy whenever he does it, and I can't believe that it took me so long to figure out that I like him. I honestly don't know when it even started. I just know that I do. For so long.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him, he lifted up his head and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Freya, I want to go out."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I want to try." He said with more conviction. "My narcolepsy isn't that bad anymore, I can actually control myself for a while now." He added.

I researched more about narcolepsy, it's not curable, but it can be handled with medication and therapy, I guess. I noticed that George was really trying the past few weeks to change his lifestyle too, like the food he eats and such. He worked so hard for this. He was really trying his best and I witnessed all of that.

"I fully support you in that. Either way, you got me." I told him and he just hummed and smiled. "When do you want to go out?"

"Today?"

"Wow, okay."

"Let's eat breakfast first and get ourselves ready."

I gave him a look. "Why? Are we going somewhere far?"

"We're going on a date." He declared with a huge smile, his eyes smiling too.

He looks so happy compare to when we first met. Realizing all of what happened the past year, it's just so heartwarming.

He stood up and already went to the kitchen and I followed, I sat across him on the counter. We ate in silence, I looked out of the window, thinking what I should wear.

We're going on a date. I'm still processing it.

"Thank you Frey," he said out of the blue. I glanced at him. "You know, I think my life would've stayed the same if I didn't meet you."

"Why so cheesy it's 8 am," I laughed. "I'm grateful to have you, George." I smiled at him, he looked down on his plate with a smile plastered on his face.

"I am, too."

After we had breakfast, he went back to his room, saying that he will get ready and that I should too. I don't have much clothes but I guess I'll go with this white off shoulder dress my mom got me for my birthday, she gave it to me when I visited home a few days ago.

I smiled. I've never been on a date, I don't what's about to happen but I'm ready for it.

I'm also really happy for George for deciding to try new stuff. He's just continually growing and improving as a person, and that's all I want for him, really.

After preparing, I only applied a bit of lipgloss, eyebrow make up, mascara, and some blush. I guess I'm done. I don't know if I should carry a bag but I just put my lipgloss and other make up in the pockets of my dress. Pockets on dresses are so convenient.

"Are you ready?" I heard him as he knocked on my door.

"Hi." I said as I opened the door. He's wearing a black tank top and black jeans along with black Nikes.

"Yo, where'd you get that dress?"

"Why you wanna wear it?" I teased.

"No, it's just, you look amazing in that."

I just looked away to not let him see my cheeks flushing. "Let's go?"

"Lead the way." He said, chuckling, stepping to the side to give way.

I rolled my eyes at him and starting walking.

Once we got to the door I looked at him.

"Are you ready?" I asked him, I just need to if he's really sure of this.

"Yes, Frey, I'm sure." He said, taking my hand. "Take me."

I opened the door and stepped a foot outside. He followed, just looking at the ground.

"You alright?" I asked him once again.

"As long as I'm with you, yes." He replied, finally looking up to me. I stared at his face, looking for any sign of discomfort but there seems to be none. "I will be okay, as long as you keep holding my hand."

I'm left speechless and I felt my heart skip a beat to his words.

"I can surpass anything, as long as I have you here with me." He added.

"You'll still take me out on a date?" I shifted topics, distracting myself from the giddiness I'm feeling.

He loves to drive me insane, does he?

"I was thinking of a picnic date, taking it nice and slow, namsayin?" He wiggled his eyebrows. "I didn't think this through, we don't have anything to eat..."

We both laughed afterwards, and he's still holding my hand, I smiled at the view.

"Then let's go back in and make something for us to eat for our picnic date."

—————-

decided to not make a new book but put everything here instead,

we still have a long way to go besties lets fucking go

lets be mutuals on jojitwt if we still aint
@WANTEDYUO