thirty five

"This would have to be my favourite place." I told Frank as he sat with me on the bench. He nodded in agreement as he watched the varsity practice with me.

The field is massive in this university, and he taught me a serene place I can enjoy listening music in peace. It's close to where the varsity practices but far enough for them to not notice people around.

Frank taught me where to find the library, some classrooms, admins' offices, and other important places in the uni. This school is immensely big, and I don't think I'll be able to memorize everything in a day.

"I like to chill out when I think about stuff." He replied, standing up and walking farther away. "Listening to Joji would be dope while being out here."

"Did you guys talk at the party?" I brought up.

I'm genuinely curious.

"After that encounter? No," He responded, turning to me then back to the field after replying. "He threw a fit when you left, Ezra and the others just helped him to calm down."

"What do you mean?"

"He's saying that I'm stealing you from him, or some shit." He continued. "Which is definitely not my intention at all,"

I thought of George being overprotective and possessive of me, he'd never go to that extent when we were still together, maybe it was with the influence of alcohol.

But why does he act like that when he's the one who let me go?

"I just really wanted to be friends with you because Ezra always brags how amazing you are," He said then put his arm up in the air as if he's reaching for the skies.

Damn, I just love Ezra so much. He's my friend soulmate, literally.

I feel the same about him, if I had more friends I'd brag about him too.

"and I thought it would be cool to befriend you, especially since you're in a new school, a new environment." He continued, putting his arm down. "Ezra didn't lie though, I really think you're an amazing person, an interesting one too."

"Please, I don't deserve the compliment." I laughed. "Y'all are too kind."

"What were you listening to earlier? You looked really sad." He suddenly asked, I looked at the sky, reminded of the same color of the skies on the window that afternoon.

"WANTED U by Joji, it's a banger." I replied, putting up a smile hoping he won't ask anything further.

"Yo, I agree, I love BALLADS1." He said with a thumbs up. "I'm looking forward to Nectar."

"You listen to him too? Like as a fan? That's cool." I said excitedly, it's fun to know someone who loves the same artist as you do.

"I think these days everybody does, or at least knows his singles." He explained. "Literally girls in our class are all fans, though most only know Slow Dancing in the Dark but still, not invalidating them."

"Slow Dancing in the Dark is a masterpiece." I commented.

"Agreed, the music video gives me chills whenever I watch it." He nodded. "I'm curious, did he ever wrote a song about you?"

I froze in my position as I got reminded of my birthday. It's such a bittersweet memory now, but I'd still choose to reminisce even it shatters me at times.

"I don't like people knowing about this so can you keep this a secret?" I told him, hugging my knees.

"Totally."

"Ezra knows about this of course but like he promised, he didn't tell a living soul. But it's my favourite memory I have of Joji."

"He released Sanctuary a day after my birthday, he confessed to me through that song." I told him, with a smile on my face as I look at the skies. "It was the best birthday gift ever."

"That's actually so fucking cute, what the fuck," he commented. He looks so amused like a kid watching his favourite show. "And?"

"Yeah, he asked me to be his girlfriend, of course I said yes," I told him. "It was the best day of my life."

"You literally shine when you talk about him, you know?" He said to me and I looked at him. "You must really love him."

"To be honest with you, I still do." I sighed. "Always will."

He sat on where he stood then laid on the grass, looking at the peach looking skies. I took out my phone and decided to take a picture of the scenery.

"The clouds looks ethereal today." I commented.

"Yup," he replied shortly.

I glanced to look at him and he has his eyes closed, breathing with his mouth slightly agape.

The more I stare at him, the more I remember George.

They literally look like twins the more I think about it.

But that would be impossible since Jane didn't mention about George having a twin brother...

Or she just didn't tell me?

Damn, this is another thing I'll have to think about at night-

"Whatchu looking at?" He said, still with his eyes closed but I jolted at being caught staring.

Quite embarrassing, Freya.

"Nothing, well actually," I stood up and sat next to him on the grass. "You remind me of somebody."

"You know, Ezra just told me one day, "Yo Frank, you look like my best friend's boyfriend,"" He stated. "I didn't know who Joji was back then,"

"You look extremely alike." I commented, then looked at the field, seeing the varsity practice, they look like little ants on the view so I can't really distinguish who is Ezra among those people.

"Fun fact, I grew up in an orphanage, and never knew my real parents." He said and laughed as if it's just something not to be taken seriously.

"What the fuck?" I raised my eyebrows at him. "You really have no leads or anything about them?"

"None at all." He shrugged, "It's cool though, I mean I'm happy with the family that adopted me. Couldn't ask for more."

"But think about it, what if you and Geo- Joji, are twins?"

"That's absurd." He laughed. "We might just look alike and have no connection at all."

-----------------------------------

at this point every chapter is just like :O

you know what I mean???

sorry it's 4:30 am and I can't sleep :D i'm really out here updating three times in a row lmao