one

All I can hear is the sound my keyboard makes as I type and search the internet at 12:10 am. I am searching for a job, patiently looking through the listing and open groups for local jobs in town.

Well, I chose an independent life so I have to deal with it now.

I guess I'm also pressured because I'm now 21, some even gets out of their house at 18, but I didn't went the same process. I still live with my parents, gets financial support, but I promised to help them pay for my college education which would be next year since I stopped.

I was supposed to be a college freshman this year, but I have decided to take this thing people call a "gap" year, it's stopping from studying for a year to just work, earn money maybe for college or just really earning money for future stuff.

My parents have no problem with it, I guess you can call me lucky for having parents that support whatever decision I make. Truly thankful for them.

My parents trusts me a lot because they said that I've been always mindful of my actions, I am responsible and reliable. I get the same compliments from some classmates and friends.

I'm the type of friend that's very neutral, I would just go along and agree with everybody, as long as they're not doing anything wrong or as long as they're not hurting anybody.

In my group of friends, they call me the responsible one because I always take care of everybody, or save their asses when they're in trouble. I just grew up to be like that and I'm just really used to always protecting and taking care of the people I love.

Back to reality, I continued scrolling, reading the job offers and researching as well when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It's a text message.

Unknown
Hello, is this Ms. Violet Freya Astrid?

I stared at the text, did I leave my number somewhere? I don't remember giving anyone my number recently.

Unknown
I'm sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Jane Miller, I'm a mother and I really need your help. I saw your online resume you submitted to the group. I saw that you can do babysitting jobs?

What group? Oh, I think it's the group Justine invited me in. It's just really a group and you can post your resume there. Really helpful.

Violet Freya
Good evening Mrs. Miller, yes, this is Violet Freya, and yes, I can do babysitting jobs!

I sent my reply, I hope this is some legit shit, it would be very convenient, if the job's easy I might get another job while also doing this one.

Unknown
Oh, thank heavens! Can we meet up tomorrow at 10 am? I'll just text you the place so we can talk about your job.

I sent a like emoji and went to sleep that night, not knowing tomorrow would be one of the days that's going to change my life, forever.

________________________________

Rewriting and reediting this story since I got the energy

I have Nectar in repeat since its release, what are your favorite tracks?

Afterthought, 777, and Gimme Love just hits close to home for me man...