twelve

That's probably the last time Joj and I had a decent conversation, and it was a month ago. Days passed by and he suddenly became his usual shy quiet self again, but I'm not forcing him to talk, I'll let him talk if he wants to.

But I don't know why I'm looking for it, why I'm waiting for it.

"Do you have plans today?" I asked the tall dude as we walk back to the car. Jane let me borrow their second car. Millers sure are rich as hell.

"Nothing really, I've done the requirements that need to be done next week." He said casually, helping me put the groceries on the back of the car.

"Wow, that's new." I scoffed.

"I'm changing," he bragged. "Ladies go crazy over good boys."

"You aren't sure, most girls right now like the bad boys more," I commented, "well at least that's what I saw on social media lately."

"Meh, either way, I'm just doing the best for myself, and for the one I'll settle with, I suppose." He replied, but almost came out like a mumble. I shook my head smiling.

"Thanks for helping me out here, by the way," I told him and he just shrugged.

"Want me to drive?"

"Sure, just don't crash, aight?" I threw the car keys at my friend and we both got inside the car.

The first minutes inside the car was just pure tranquility. It was the type of silence where you don't feel awkward at all, it more of, comforting.

I looked outside the window, letting my hair dance along to the wind. I closed my eyes as I feel the breeze. This is honestly great. Even I'm not in school and just doing this job, life seems completely okay.

As it should be. College isn't a race anyways, life as a whole is not a race. You go at your own pace, you process your own thoughts, your whole life. It's okay to sort out things on your own sometimes.

"Want me to stay over at the Miller's?"

"You bitch act like it's now your home when you've only gone like 3 times." I laughed out loud.

"Well it kinda seems like an abandoned house to me," he shrugged. "George never goes out of his room, it's just you there, that's kinda lonely."

"It's fine, I enjoy being alone anyways." I smiled. "Thanks for your concern Ezzy,"

"Duh." he rolled his eyes. "You're my best friend."

"Love you, bitchass." I told him, he just laughed, shaking his head. "And the answer to your question is sure, you can stay over. Jane always tells me that I can bring close friends over, and unfortunately for me, I only have one close friend around."

"You're making it sound like you're getting bored of me." He faked cooed, I rolled my eyes.

We got to the Miller's a few minutes later. I got out of the car first and went inside, checking out things. Ezra offered to bring everything inside and to park the car and all.

There is a faint sound coming from the living room. I walked slowly in the direction of the sound, I saw George's door slightly open, there was an instrumental playing, he's harmonizing with the music.

Don't you know I love you, baby

Don't you know I love you?

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Don't you know I love you?

I found myself just listening to the music with my eyes closed, his voice is so good.

I could listen to him sing all day.

"Freya?" His voice shook me and I opened my eyes to see him peeking from his door. "You're already home."

"Yeah, I bought what you asked." I smiled. He just nodded and closed the door.

I can still hear the muffled faint instrumentals from the inside of his room.

"Is that his own song?" Ezra's voice boomed in the hallway.

"Yeah," I answered, loud enough for him to hear, then walked towards his direction. "You got everything from the car?"

"Yeah, yeah."

_______

filler, ezra and freya's friendship is honestly so cute doe,,, more joji content coming soon, i'm posting another chap today!