thirty nine

"Do you want to come?" Ezra nervously asked me, I just stared at him as I thought of an answer. "If you won't I'll bring Frank along.."

"Did he invite me?"

"He didn't said anyone specific, he just said I could bring another one with me." Ezra answered simply, showing two tickets in his hands. "VIP tickets, Freya."

"I...I don't think I'm ready to see him again."

"I'll totally respect your decision," Ezra said, looking away. I inclined my back to my seat as I scanned the cafeteria. "It was all urgent anyway, even I am surprised to receive free tickets from George himself."

"It's for the 88rising tour, right?" I asked Ezra for confirmation from what I've read in the internet. He nodded. "Where's the concert?"

"The Bowery Ballroom in New York." He informed. "If we leave now we will make it to the concert."

The voices seemed to fade away, and I can only hear myself talk, only hear myself think.

Should I go to his concert?

It's been 2 months since the album's release and the 88rising tour started a week after the album's release and they've been to a lot of countries in that short time.

The first term just finished and starting tomorrow, we're taking the 2 weeks break before going to enroll for the next term.

We have a lot of free time starting today, and the concert is tonight. I honestly don't know if I should go.

I'm weighing the cons and pros of the situation.

Pros, free concert tickets, it would be a waste if I won't go. It would be my first time to go to a concert, and I'm seeing him for the first time after a few months.

Cons, I totally know I'm not yet healed, I knew to myself it's going to be a long process. It makes me feel anxious to be around so many people. And I'm seeing him.

Yes, seeing him is both a pro and a con for me.

But what is the best choice to choose at this very moment?

"Have you seen Frank? I'll just ask him to go with me then-"

"No." I replied shortly. "And Ezra you know what,"

"What?"

"Okay, I'll go."

He just stared at me for a few seconds then nodded.

"Alright. Lets go, right now."

I followed him as we went out of the school premises, going to the parking lot. We literally have no time to prepare whatsoever, we're just going there wearing casual clothes, with our IDs, and our school bags.

"I hope it's not traffic." Ezra whispered to himself as he opened the car door, "Go in."

I just obliged and went in, I put my bag on the backseat, removing my ID and just sat with my hands in front of me. I lifted my head up to look at the side mirror, looking at myself.

I can't even distinguish what I look like right now, what expressions my face is showing in that small mirror.

I don't know what to feel.

Ezra started the car, looking back if there's anyone or any cars in the way as we get out of the parking lot. We didn't talk the whole ride.
There was no music to distract ourselves from, just complete tranquility.

Maybe Ezra understood that this is helping me gradually calm down from all of the indescribable emotions I'm feeling right now.

"Do you think I can do it?" I asked Ezra, keeping my eyes plastered to the road as I spoke.