forty eight

"This is nice." George mumbled, laying his head on my shoulder and squeezing my hand.

I looked at our skin color difference, before we were literally the same but now his skin just looks so pale, he's like a vampire.

I snuggled my head to his fluffy hair and caressed the top of his hand with my thumb.

"It is." I agreed, looking outside of the bus, watching the scenery. We don't even know where this bus is heading, we literally just hopped on it, paid, and sat near to the back.

The bus is surprisingly empty, it's just George and I, could be because it's almost lunch and people are probably occupied with eating or on their lunch breaks minding their own businesses.

"I wish we could be like this forever." He said, almost whispered, I hummed in response.

"We could, so hurry up and get well soon." I laughed. He just chuckled and lifted his head off of my shoulder, looking outside the window. "What?"

"Nothing, I saw a bookstore." He said and pointed what he was looking at with his lips, pouting it. "Just reminded me of some cliche love stories wherein the girl meets a boy in a bookstore. That shit corny, but also hella cute."

"Or you know those corny ass shit in movies when the girl drops her books and shit and someone come pick it up then boom, surprise it's the main character boy."

I laughed quite loud at the way he explained it. "You sound like a bitter fuck."

"I am a bitter fuck." He said with a glare, but then broke character after looking at me eye to eye and laughed along with me.

I stopped when I realized why those type of situations sounded so familiar.

That's how I met Francis, officially.

Anyways, let's just not bring that up.

"You know I tell you everything, right?" He started another conversation and I nodded immediately as a response. "Do you trust my instincts?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't know actually if i should tell you this, just promise me though, whatever you will hear, it's just between the two of us, okay?"

"Okay?" I responded, more of like questioning him. What is this about? I'm so curious and at the same time anxious to know.

"Ayo, I think Frank likes you." He blurted out. I gave him a stare and he just mirrored my actions. "What?"

"Francis would never." I shrugged. "He just probs doesn't know how to act properly around me I'm his first decent friend that is a girl."

"I'm never wrong with my instincts babe," George joked. "Anyways, if he does, I don't mind at all, I mean, I literally have the hottest gf ever."

I gave him a stern look. "Are you serious?" I said, almost in disappointment. "Bitch, you better be joking."

"Why?" He laughed. I didn't so he's face suddenly dropped and he looked so worried. "Are you mad?" He said softly.

I felt my heart suddenly become as soft as a marshmallow when he used that voice but I tried to keep my facade.

"Cause I'm only yours and I literally cannot find any other man attractive besides from you," I muttered and trailed off, slightly pouting, looking away.

"I heard that." He chuckled. "And I am grateful to have the best girlfriend ever, literally. No one could beat my girl."

"I love you, Joj." I rest my head on his shoulder, basically the same positions earlier, but switched. I can feel him smiling and feeling giddy when I said that.

"I love you more, Frey." He replied softly, "you are forever my home, my sanctuary."

"You are mine too," I grinned. "No one could ever change that."

He didn't responded after that. The comfortable silence in our ride continued, he would just randomly point out things he would notice on the ride, he would even notice like a small bird chilling on trees.

"Let's eat some of our snacks," I offered, grabbing my bagpack. He just nodded and watched me as I unravel what's inside. "What do you want to eat?"

"You choose."

"Eat me then?"

His face flushed and I broke character and laughed my ass out. "I'm kidding you fucker, alright have these apples."

"I hate you." He mumbled, still blushing and I shook my head, still letting little chuckles here and there.

"No, you don't." I rolled my eyes. "You could never."

"Okay true."

The afternoon ride went pretty smoothly and he had little conversations of the most random of things. Sometimes even what goes inside our minds. I never thought that just sitting in an almost empty bus and just having discussions in life could be so... comforting, freeing.

I can be so transparent with this man like a newly made glass that you can literally see through without failure.

He's just really my safe space, I know I've said it a lot of times, but he's just the definition of sanctuary for me.

He made my life less miserable and he is something that I am looking forward to every single day.

————————

ngl if this happened to me irl with someone i actually like i'll consider it a damn date fr