twenty seven

I watched him as he light up a cigarette at 8 am in the morning, he looked out of the window, putting his lighter on the windowsill next to his ashtray.

Ever since I knew about him smoking, he comfortably smokes in my presence now. I never thought that George relies that much to his cigarettes and he's been smoking for years.

It still baffles me sometimes, but you know what? He looks hot when he smokes. Watching him do so always fascinates me.

"What are you looking at?" He laughed, as he tapped his cigarettes unto the ashtray. "Just tell me if the smoke bothers you but I'm trying to keep the smoke out as possible." He said, puffing out smoke to the outside of the window.

"Nah, it's fine." I hummed. "I just like watching you smoke..." I trailed off.

He just shook his head smiling then focused on his cigarette again.

"George, I'll go back to studying in two months," I informed him. "I'm excited."

"Yo really? Damn," he reacted. "good for you love!" He said happily afterwards.

"Thank you," I grinned, hugging the pillow beside me.

I cannot stop thinking about it, I really miss going to school. It's like a reset for me, new people, new environment, and of course new knowledge. I wonder what type of people I'll meet...

"I'll cook breakfast for us." I said, rising up in the bed, I stretched my arms. "I'm hungry and in the mood for pancakes."

"Yeah sure, I'll take a bath after this."

————————

"Freya best pancakes." George commented after taking a few bites of his meal. "But wait I'll just fetch us some water." He said, standing up.

I just nodded as a response, looking at my food then to my phone that's in my other hand. His phone's excessive brightness caught my attention and I took a glance.

He has his maps open.

Oh right, he's going to the studio today.

Jane brought the car so we have no choice but to commute.

"Am I coming with you to the studio?"

"I'll try to go alone, you don't have to always bring my ass there like a baby." He laughed. "I got me,"

"Alright." I replied.

I mean, that's true, he's a grown ass man, he can handle himself. Though he's still adjusting, I'll let him try things himself. He doesn't get narcolepsy attacks for months now. I think he will be fine.

"Can we have dumplings tonight?" He suggested. "I miss Freya's special dumplings."

"Alright, I'll make some while you're away." I nodded. "Also, Ezra is coming over, do you want him to wait for you to come back?"

"Sure, I miss that guy."

We were wrapped in tranquility after that. He's just scrolling through his phone as he ate. He looks washed out and tired even he's getting enough sleep, but I guess that's the side effects of the medicines he still takes to maintain his narcolepsy.

Though I'm kind of concerned that he looks like he is not gaining weight even we eat a lot, or maybe we're eating unhealthy that's why he looks like he's losing weight?