twenty five

"Come in, come in." Sean welcomed us to the studio upon arriving. "This way, follow me."

George asked me to come with him to the studio to officially meet Sean and other 88rising artists today.

It's truly bizarre, I'm just listening to them for almost a year now and now I'm finally seeing some of those artists face to face.

George just held my hand as we followed Sean to the direction of the conference room where they hold meetings. I glanced at him, nervousness and excitement painted on his face. He's been dreaming of this, he's making one of his dreams come true today.

Sean opened the door, revealing a few people chilling on the table and couches. I immediately recognized some of them.

"Joji?" Rich Brian spoke up, I do know him of course, I love his songs. The view is just so unreal to me. I'm in a room with my favorite artists right now.

George took a bow as a greeting, probably shy to say something.

"Ayo, I can't believe you're here man, I love your music!" He said cheerfully, walking to us.

"Who's the beautiful lady?" Niki butted in the conversation, walking along with Brian to approach us. "Oh! You must be his girlfriend!"

"Yeah," I laughed dryly, I'm just internally fangirling right now. She's so pretty in person. "I'm Freya."

"Aw, that's a nice name, suits you!" She said with a beam. She's so beautiful and so kind I'm just awestruck right now. I can't fully take it all in at once.

And it's clear in George's expressions that he feels the same too.

"We officially welcome you to 88rising, Joji." Sean spoke up, giving him a pat on the back. "I hope you can be yourself here and trust us, we are so excited to work with you."

"Welcome, my man." Brian said and took out his hand for a handshake, which George gladly took. "Let's collab asap, Joj."

"That would be amazing." George smiled, finally being able to speak to them. Took him a few minutes to adjust but he was able to overcome his shyness and nervousness.

After that, we were invited to sit to the table and they discussed stuff about work, contract, schedules, music making. I don't know a lot about it but I tried to be involved. George was just holding my hand under the table for the whole time. He seems to be more calm and smooth while discussing with them.

"I have some songs that I'm still processing," he opened up. "I have some songs for the next album."

"You work hard, huh." Sean commented. "That's amazing, can we hear some of it?"

"Oh, okay, sure," he mumbled, getting his phone.

"You can connect it to the speaker." Niki suggested.

Joji played the demo and it's just him singing.

Tick-tock
Heavy like a Brinks truck
Looking like I'm tip-top
Shining like a wristwatch
Time will grab your wrist
Lock it down 'til the thing pop
Can you stick around for a minute
'til the ring stop?
Please, God

Tick-tock
Heavy like a Brinks truck
Looking like I'm tip-top
Shining like a wristwatch
Time will grab your wrist
Lock it down 'til the thing pop
Can you stick around for a minute
'til the ring stop?
Please, God

"That's cool," Brian commented after listening to the demo. "You have a way with your words."

"I guess I do." George chuckled. "I just really love making music."

"Me too!" Brian squealed like a kid. "It's like an escape, ya feel?"

"Exactly." He agreed, nodding his head.

I just smiled as I watched them converse, his eyes really light up when he talks about music. And to be surrounded by people who feels and relates to him must've been so heartwarming for him.

I just like seeing him happy.

"Yo Joji, do you smoke?" Sean asked George while he grabbed a box of cigarettes from the back of his pocket.

"Yeah." He responded, nodding his head.

I abruptly turned my head to his direction.

"What?"

"I didn't know that you smoke.." I said, blushing.

"Now you know." He laughed. "Do you smoke?"

"Occasionally, yeah."

I was just thinking the other day what it would be like if he's smoking.

And I'm going to witness it today.

But damn, I never knew that he smokes, he never smelled like cigarettes, well maybe because he has a habit of brushing his teeth and taking a bath often, maybe he smokes before taking a bath or something?

I don't know, why am I even overthinking this?

"Here." Sean also gave me a cigarette, I mumbled a 'thanks' and he just gave me a warm smile.

He's so friendly and approaching, never thought of him being like that, he's kind of intimidating.

He lent George the lighter, I intently watched as he flicked the lighter and spark up the ends of his cigarette, inhaling the toxicity cigarette brings. With his eyes closed, he shook his head abruptly before breathing out the smoke.

Let me tell you, that's probably the hottest thing I've ever seen.

Like, it completely changes everything. For once I never thought George have that bad boy image, maybe sassy, yeah, but this? Man. I know smoking is bad but I'd watch him doing that all day.

"Here you go, are you sure you wanna smoke?" He said, lending the lighter to me. I nodded my head, keeping my gaze at him. "You okay love?"

"I'm fine." I mumbled, lighting up my cigarette.

——————————

i finished this an hour or two ago but i got so distracted i Forgot to post it LMAO