CHAPTER TEN

Classes went by and soon weekend arrived. And I found myself walking down the streets of Hogsmeade with my three best friends.

I could feel the cold breeze on my skin that indicated the start of winter, the atmosphere was quieter and I was wishing that the first snow would come fast.

"Did you hear about the attacks on muggle families? " Hugh breaks the silence as we enter the three broomsticks.

"Yes. They have been happening a lot." Ari says

We find a table and sit down after ordering out butterbeer and food.

"It's getting scarier by the day. Soon we will be fighting the war outside and I am not sure we are ready." Varun says in a low voice

"We will be. We don't have a choice." I say.

"You're right." Hugh says "We will have to fight."

We talked more about the attacks and then about school. And after some time Ari and I made our way to the honeydukes while Varun left for his date with Marlene and Hugh joined James and Sirius to return to the castle.

A sweet smell hits my nostrils as we enter honeydukes. Every time I enter honeydukes I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Shelves upon shelves filled with the most succulent-looking, indulgent sweets, chocolates, and candies imaginable.

Ari and I decided to meet back outside in 20 minutes.

I was shuffling through shelves and occasionally picking up what I wanted to buy and put it in my basket. I walked up to the section with Chocolate Cauldrons but they were too high for me to reach. I tried getting one by jumping a little but I couldn't reach I was just about to use magic when a hand reached up to the box and "let me get that for you." Fab says as he grabs the box and places it in the basket.

"Thanks," I said and he gives me a big smile.

"Anytime kid," he says and pats my head softly and leaves. Ari's voice rings in my head and I feel a little giddy. 'Damn Ari'.

After paying for the sweets I made my way out of the shop and by the door I found Ari waiting for me with a small bag of sweets she bought.

We were walking towards the station where we will get a ride back to school. When reached the station we saw Lily and Alice standing there waiting for the carriage so we joined them.

"Hey, Guys," Lily says

"Hey, you" I reply and so does Ari. Alice was lost in her own world until we called her out. She gave us a big smile and we all started talking.

We talked about Alice's crush on Frank Longbottom and how we thought he liked her too. "He so does not." Alice protests

"We have seen the way he looks at you and don't think we didn't see you two dancing at the Halloween party" I smirk. And Alice blushes.

"You're the one to talk." Lily says "You too were dancing with Fab on Halloween. What's happening there?" She adds suggestively.

This made me blush. Time went by as we all teased each other, talked and soon we found ourselves back at the castle. 

I excused myself cause I wanted to get a shower before dinner and others went to the Great hall. I went to the prefect's bathroom and sat in the bathtub with a book called 'Music I Heard With You'. 

After an hour or so I got back to the great hall and it was time for dinner. I sat at the Ravenclaw table with my friends.  And the book had me so hooked I kept reading it as I ate.

Hugh and I were patrolling on the seventh floor with Lily and Remus. When I heard a crying sound coming from somewhere. I went towards the sound and I found Sydney siting in a dark corner, I ran to her side and hugged her. She kept crying in my arms for some time and after she finally stopped sobbing I asked "what's wrong syd?"

"Th...there was and attack..." she paused "In my neighborhood, my dad was out for work and when .... and when he returned..." she paused again but she needn't say more I know where this was going so i broggt her in for one more hug.
"Oh syd..I am so sorry." I said

"They killed them Bella." She said finally looking at me. "What did my mum and sister even do to deserve this. It's all my fault." She goes on.

"Oh honey, they are monsters, its not your fault. Nothing you could have done to change what happened." I say taking her hand in mine and softly petting her on the back.

"But I could have. I...I could have been there to fight them. Or.. or..." I cut her off.

"They use dark magic Syd. You are a fifth year student if you would have been there your dad would have lost you too." I said "This way you two at least have each other for support."

He sobbs sofly and nodds. "I guess you are right"

"When are you going home?" I asked

"Professor Dumbledore says I can leave tomorrow morning  and return after finishing all rituals." She says in a shaky voice.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I asked.

"Its okay." She says "I guess this is something I have to do myself."

Giveing me a weak smile she gets up.
"Thanks for this Bella." She says

"Hey that what I am hear for. If you ever need me you know where to find me."

Reading Articles and hearing about this attacks never bothered me, felt as if it was far of in fantasy land. But this made me realize just how real this is getting and just how fast the war is approaching us.

Hello everyone I am trying to make up for the lost time I hope you are enjoying the book.

Tell me how much you like it.

I also wanted to know Is there any army reading this book. If yes then I wanted to ask if I should write a BTS fanfic or not.

Stay home read and stay safe.

xoxo