CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Arm in arm, Ari, Sydney and I made our grand entrance into the raging Ravenclaw victory party. The common room was packed with our ecstatic housemates, and the celebration was already in full swing. The room was alive with colorful lights, laughter, and the energetic beats of music. The air was filled with the aroma of butter beer and enchanted snacks, and the atmosphere buzzed with the anticipation of a memorable night.

I grabbed drinks for us from the table, chuckling as Ari was already bopping along to the music. We clicked our bottles together in a toast.

"To Ravenclaw!" Sydney cheered. We drank deeply, feeling the thrill of celebration. Soon we were dancing wildly, caught up in the infectious energy of the party.

I saw James, Sirius and Remus had joined the fray, tieless and tossing their jackets aside to cut loose. "Congrats on the win!" Remus shouted over the music as they danced over to us. I grinned, giving him a quick hug.

"It was a team effort!" I yelled back happily. We all moved together with the pulsing beat. Ari was laughing as Sirius twirled her exaggeratedly.

The drinks were flowing; the music was blaring. Everyone was letting go of any stresses and enjoying victory's euphoria. I noticed Jos watching me from nearby, drink in hand. I smiled and waved him over. "Having fun?" He nodded, leaning in close to be heard. "You were incredible out there today." His hand rested subtly on my waist. "Thanks. So where are you." He smiled and took me to the dance floor. 

Jos caught me by the hand and pulled me closer as the music transitioned to a slower song. My breath caught being wrapped in his arms, our faces just inches apart.

"You look beautiful tonight," he murmured, his gaze wandering appreciatively over me. I felt my cheeks flush.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I replied playfully, my fingers drifting to play with the hair at the nape of his neck.

His arm tightened around my waist, eliminating any remaining space between us. My heart raced as we gently swayed together.

"Is it the win making me feel like I could kiss you right now?" Jos asked bluntly, his eyes never leaving mine. I bit my lip, thrilled by his forwardness. I don't know what it was that was sending my brain on an irrational spree, maybe the adrenalin or the alcohol.

"Why don't you try and find out?" I challenged with a coy smile.

He grinned and leaned in tantalizingly close, his nose brushing mine. Our breaths mingled and my eyes fluttered shut in anticipation...

But at the last second he pulled back, chuckling at my obvious disappointment.

"Now where's the fun in rushing things?" He teased. I swatted his chest in protest.

"You're cruel, getting a girl all worked uhh-" I felt his soft lips on mine before I could finish complaining, and I immediately kissed him back. The feel of his lips on mine was electric, wiping all other thoughts from my mind. My fingers tangled in his hair as we melted into the kiss. It started soft, almost tentative, before quickly deepening.

Jos' hand came up to cradle my jaw as his mouth moved eagerly against mine. I was dimly aware of the party raging on around us, but in that moment, nothing else existed except his kiss.

When we finally broke for air, both slightly breathless, he rested his forehead against mine.

"Wow," I murmured, still reeling. "That was..."

"Perfect," Jos finished with a grin. His thumb gently caressed my cheek.

"I've wanted to do that for a while now," he admitted. I have to be honest: Jos was handsome, but I hadn't seen him as a potential anything before now, but I feel happy and comfortable here in his embrace. His smile made my stomach flutter. This could be a good thing. "What took you so long?" I teased.