CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

(Swipe for the dress for the Party)

"Potter, you're here late," he remarked, his usual Stoic expression in place. He stood leaning at the archway on the fifth floor that we are supposed to patrol. He is right I was late but only because Lily wanted to ask me about what James likes so she can buy him a gift for his birthday,

I don't answer him and start walking. "Too busy sucking faces with Mclaggan." He says as he pushes of the wall,

"Not that it is any of your business, but I was with Lily. Helping her with a gift for James." Regulus fell into step beside me, his gaze sharp and critical. "Evans is buying Potter a birthday gift? How utterly charming. I suppose she couldn't resist his irresistible charm."

I shot him a sideways glance, irritation bubbling beneath the surface. "It's not like that, Black. She just wanted advice on what to get James. It's called friendship."

He chuckled, a sound that grated on my nerves. "Friendship, right. That's what they all say. Your precious Mclaggan probably wants a 'gift' too, doesn't he?" He says 'Gift' as if it didn't really mean a gift but something entirely else. I clench my fist before he continues," He wants you spread your legs for him-" He says bitterly

I clenched my jaw, trying to maintain my composure. "Adrian and I have an actual connection, something you wouldn't understand."

Regulus raised an eyebrow, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "A connection, you say? How quaint. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he wants to bed you. He's not exactly subtle about his desires, is he? All he wants is to bed you."

My patience wore thin. "You're insufferable, Black. Not everyone is like you, wanting to bed anything with two legs and a hole. Adrian actually cares about me."

Regulus smirked, unfazed by my retort. "Cares about you? Or just interested in getting in your pants? People like him are all the same."

I stopped abruptly, turning to face him, anger burning in my eyes. Without thinking, I pushed Regulus Black into the nearest wall, his back colliding with the hard surface. My breath became heavy, and my heartbeat raced as I glared at him.

"You have no idea what you're talking about," I seethed, my voice low and intense. "Adrian respects me, and our relationship is built on trust and mutual understanding, something you wouldn't recognize if it slapped you in the face."

Regulus chuckled, seemingly unfazed by the sudden confrontation. "Touchy, aren't we, Potter? It's amusing how you cling to these ideals of respect and understanding. You're living in a fantasy if you think McLaggan is different from the rest." He makes no effort to get out of my hold. "You can let go, you know. It's not like I'm going anywhere."

My grip on Regulus's robes tightened, frustration boiling within me as I resisted the urge to act on my anger. The scent of musk and mahogany overwhelmed my senses, and for a moment, it clouded my thoughts. "People like him are all the same – wolves in sheep's clothing. They pretend to care until they get what they want," he taunted, his voice cutting through the tense air.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, my fingers aching with the effort of keeping them closed into fists. "You don't know him," I managed to say through gritted teeth. "You don't know anything about him.I don't need your lectures on relationships," I shot back, my voice strained. 

Regulus met my gaze with an almost mocking glint in his eyes. "Oh, but I do. And if you want to prove me wrong, Potter, here's a simple solution. Fuck him. If he stays after that, I'll believe you."

His words hung in the air, a challenge that left me speechless for a moment. The audacity of his suggestion fueled the fire in my chest. I wanted to scream at him but I step back and he strengthens his robes as I say, "I don't need to prove anything to you, Black," my voice sharp. "Adrian is not like you."