CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I tossed and turned on James' bed but couldn't get myself to fall asleep. As much as I tried, I couldn't let go of the worry that ran in my head. My parents were out there, and they were fighting a war. Even though everyone tries to keep us in as much dark as possible, we all know what really is going on. Voldemort is on the rise, and almost all of our lives are in danger. 

I woke up and looked around and saw two of the boys sleeping but I couldn't find James. I tiptoed out of the room and snuck out, and there in front of the fire, I saw James sitting with a blanket wrapped around him. Even though he wasn't facing me, I knew he wasn't sleeping either. How could he, he read the same newspaper that I read in the morning. 

The floor beneath me creaked, and he turned around to face me. He gave me a soft smile, and I did the same. Both of us knew that no comfort words would set free the worry in our heads, so we just sat there staring at the fire and hoping that our parents were safe.

I hadn't realized it when we both fell asleep, but we had. Both of us were sleeping on the floor, one blanket keeping us both warm. The sun's rays shined mildly through the window and lit up the room around us. No one else seemed to have woken up yet, so I decided that I would go back to the room and into the bed. I fell back to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

The sun was setting outside as I woke up, I seemed to have slept through breakfast and lunch. The guys seem to have left. I decided to take a trip to Hogsmeade through the secret passage. As I reached Hogsmeade, I walked aimlessly until I turned up near the three broomsticks. I looked inside and saw Lucious Malfoy and his gang of loons, their faces looked scared as they discussed something. I tried to make out what they were saying, but it was hard. 

"Boo." Someone screams next to me, making me yelp and turn around "You'll burn a hole through the glass if you keep staring at them like that." Fab said. I smiled "What are you doing here?"

"Gid and I decided to come shop for prank supplies today, and I saw you, So here we are." His voice was calm yet happy, and his eyes sparkled as he stared into my eyes. "What do you say to a drink.?" He says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Sure."

The bell made a ding sound as Fab opened the door and gestured for me to enter. "What a Gentleman," I said with a little sarcasm, and he let out a hearty chuckle, attracting the attention of the ominous group. I couldn't help but smile at the sound of his laugh. I let my eyes Rome around as we sat down and waited for our drinks. The room was emptier than usual. Fab and I were talking and drinking. After some time, the door's ding sound made me look up, and I saw Black walk in. The room suddenly got quiet, and it was harder to breathe. My eyes followed his every move. He seemed too angry as he started to whisper scream at Lucious as he reached their table.

"Hey! back to earth. ANNA" Fab waves a hand in front of my face to get my attention, and the air seems a lot easier to breathe as I look at him. "What's wrong? It seems today you are going to kill at least one of them by just staring." 

I awkwardly laugh and deny it. He seems to have dropped the topic as he talks bout their plans for pranks after winter break. After a couple of drinks, I heard the door slam really loudly, and as I looked up, I saw Black storm out with angry puffs. 

After what seemed like an hour, Fab decided it was time to go back. He walked me to the secret passage and then went back to find Gid. 

I went back in and made my way to the great hall. I walked down the corridor and felt as if someone was following me, so I turned around but didn't find anyone. I keep walking until I finally reach the Great Hall. 

"Hey! Where you been??" James shouts as I enter

I shrugged and sat down. And three of them stare at me with a shocked look on their face."I went to Hogsmeade and grabbed a drink." I say, and they cool down.

"Do you want to play chess?" Remus asks me.

"Sure," I say

"Let's leave prongs before they start playing the world's most boring game." James agreed, and they left with a soft goodbye.

Hello Guys

I know I know I am late, but I guess that's just how my brain works. So please bear with me. But I how you are enjoying the story.

Keep reading!!!