ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 2 {ᔕᑌᖇE KIᗪ $5} 💵

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

"$5000? For a piece of plastic," I heard a feminine voice speak

"That's what the appraiser said, I think she's milking it" Mr Kyle squawked walking into his office and falling into his desk chair.

The lady spoke again " let's just chuck her into the garage sale tomorrow"

'What! garage sale?'

"Alright," Mr Kyle said while he grabbed me and look at me, dead in the eye before he tossed me into a box but before he left the room again, I felt a heavy paper bag fall on top of me.

"Let go out for dinner darling" he hooked his arm around the ladies waist before exiting the room.

'Oh'

'Well, I guess I won't have to be in this house for much longer?'

'I may as well try to get some rest, it does seem late and I'll probably be on a table all day tomorrow, I just can't believe it's been over 30 years, what happened to all those years, why was I on a shelf untouched for so long...'

TᕼE ᑎE᙭T ᗰOᖇᑎIᑎG

Woah! I'm suddenly moving, I'm in the box still so, I guess I'm heading out to the front yard.

Bang!

'Gez' I think as my box is dropped on a table.

"Darling I have found the doll's box" the feminine voice I heard last night spoke. I think she must be Mr Kyle's wife.

"Great, chuck it in there"

A hand grabs me roughly and shoves me in a box with a clear front. I can see a fancy street with lovely houses and grand gardens.

I'm placed on a table facing the street and watch as people turn up, buy something and leave for hours on end. A few people take a look at me but decide otherwise.

One little girl with a short, blond bob pick me up. She dashed over to her mum whining "mommy can I get her, please she's a pretty dolly!"

"No, we're not getting the doll sweet pea, you have plenty at home" her mum exclaims as the girl puts me back on the table.

'Huh, really thought it was my time to shine there.'

It was probably late afternoon now and I'm still sitting on this table, this was until a little boy, around the age of 6 with his little sister and mom turns up.

The little boy looks around the table before he gasps. His jaw-dropping when he lays eyes on me.

"Mom, Wow! Look at her. Molly! Look at the pretty doll!"

'Oh my gosh! It's happening'

"Would you look at her Andy, she is stunning" the lady speaks

"Mom, can I please get her, me and Molly can share her! Can I pay for her!?" Andy exclaimed

'Please say yes, please say yes, please say y-'

"Oh, Why not?!" The mom smiled "but are you sure you want to pay honey, you did say you were saving your pocket money for the space toy you have been talking"

"Oh, yeah" Andy's face falls into deep thought

'Oh please don't leave me!'

"Why don't we split the price, it says she's $5 on her box, so what's 5 divided by 2?"

"Really?!" Andy face light right back up, "urh, 2,4,5. Half of one is 1/2 so it would be... 2 and a half dollars!" Andy smiles proudly after using his fingered to count.

"Your right honey, good job" Andy's mom look down at him proudly. "So, can you grab out of your wallet a $2 bill and a 50 cent coin," she says as grabs out her purse and gets the $2.50 as well.

"Would you like to give it to a man?"

"Yeah please mom"

"Excuse me, sir, can I please buy this doll," Andy says walking up to Mr Kyle.

"Sure kid, $5 thanks"

Andy puts the bills and coins in the man hand. "Have a good day" Mr Kyle smiled at both Andy and his mom. "You too sir"

And it is official, I have a home! A real one with a kid! I can't believe it!

The ride home was filled with chatter from the two kids. Andy let Molly hold me still encased in my box. She looked at me while smiling. She's only young but I reckon she's excited about me. I'm excited too!

Once we made it to what I assume is their home, Andy got out of their van and helped his sister out too before racing upstairs to a sweet little bedroom with me in my box.

There were fluffy clouds on the wallpaper, cowboy bedsheets on a bed in the corner of the room and drawings scattered the walls.

On the other side of the room, a crib sits. This must be Molly's. Next to the crib, a pink table sits with a lamp on it. On the lamp is a porcelain doll with a light pink dress on, blue staff and 3 sheep.

'At least I'm not alone'

I'm placed on a desk in front of a window and says "I'll be back soon, don't worry. I'm going to eat dinner as fast as I can"

And with that, he smiles and dashes downstairs calling to his mom "would you like me to set the table mom?!"

Please feel free to vote and comment 🥪

Word count: 900