ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 87 {TᕼE ᗪᗩᑎᑕIᑎG ᒪIGᕼTᔕ}📽️

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

"Let me wrap that up for you. Don't want anything to happen to it on the way home."

"Good. That sale buys us some time." Bo says eyeing the woman preparing to pay in front of the cash register at the front of the store. "Wait for it. All right, let's go!" Bo holds us back as we wait for the dummy to turn his head from above.

Bo runs ahead with giggle and Woody while I stay back with Buzz and the stuffed toys, moving this toy across that we were told we needed. This is starting to feel a little extreme, I mean all these little side missions and new toys being introduced to help us is all like a video game. One that Andy may have played that Hamm and Rex would eventually get their hands on. Bo flips herself up and around the shelves above. I follow behind Bo, pulling myself up on the same hooks and platforms that she did, not as quickly but hey I'm getting there. Woody on the other hand needed a little boost and after a tank from her crook, we were running along the shelves again, along side the others down below. We approach an old film camera which I guess will work as a crane that hooks onto the toy we need to use.

"So, how long were you in here?" Woody tries to start a conversation as if we're not trying to get out of here as quick as we can.

"I don't know. Couple years. I didn't wanna sit on a shelf waiting for my life to happen." The others split off, still hanging low on the floor, transporting the canon thing. "So, I left."

"Wow. You've handled this lost toy life better than I could. I mean this is a lot different don't you think Y/n, it'd be tough." Woody blabs on, wanting to speak with Bo as we push the film roll up.

"Yeah...no, its different" I say, not really listening to what I was saying. I'm just not focused for this right now, and I don't want to whiteness them connecting. I can't handle that emotionally. I just feel so dissociated, mentally and emotionally. I'm struggling to focus, having a hard time by following along. It's like I'm just going through the motions. Non of this trip has gone even slightly to plan.

"Aw, Sheriff. You're selling yourself and your deputy short." Bo smiles, brushing off Woody's comment. I feel like I'm third wheeling again. Just like I did back when Andy was young. It's like nothing has changed between them. Maybe I've changed? Maybe it's me and I'm realising it just now... "I think you'd make a great lost toy."

"You really don't think you'll ever be in a kid's room again, huh?" That's a shame, she was always so sweet with Molly. Bo had something special in her that's sort of disintegrated, I think it left her as she's become this sort of lost toy. Maybe thats why I feel a little distend from Bo, it's just not her same self anymore. Woody is so curious, I don't really care I just want to move this canon type toy quickly without any fuss.

"Nope. And now with the carnival traveling through, it's our chance to hop a ride and leave town." She speaks positively in between us hiding from customers view.

"Y-You're leaving?" Why is Woody surprised by this. I'm not. If anything I'm surprised that she hasn't moved on from this place after so many years here.

"Sure am. You ever think about getting out there, seeing the world?" Bo asks, beaming at the idea which we hoist the toy higher into new shelves.

"Without a kid? No. You can't teach this old toy new tricks." Woody scoffs at the idea, seeing no sense in Bo theories. Woody brushes all curiosity to the side and pulls me close which I was not expecting. A look on his face tells me that this has been an interesting experience but he's ready to head home. His eyes droop in a way that scream he's exhausted but trying to hold himself together.

"You'd be surprised." Bo Peep smiles at this, hands sassily placed on her hips with a confident stance as he leans to offer a hand in front of both of us. Woodys is hesitant, not so sure now after hearing Bo and her enjoyment for this very much relaxed life style. It makes me a little more relived, I'm not forgotten like I thought I was, but then again that though was so panicked and brief. Maybe I really am the one who's changed because now that random panic is no longer hanging over my shoulder. Honestly I must be tired and my mind is just simply overthinking. It has to be. We're stilling standing here and of Woody isn't going to take Bo's hand then I won't leave her hanging. Her fingers wrap delicately but firm in between mine, helping be up with a tug. Her kindness towards me has never faltered, it's just like it use to be. I appreciate that. I just feel so confused and lost in my own mind, maybe I just need to let loose a little and enjoy life like Bo does. "So, how'd you end up in this store in the first place?

"Well, we uh, actually saw your lamp in the window" I speak feeling a little nervous under Bo's gaze. Suddenly I don't feel like I'm hovering behind in the shadows like have been a lot since rocking up to this town, and it's a shock to the system to adjust and act in. "And we wondered if you were still inside somewhere. Because that would be so unbelievable if you were after all this time..." I cut myself off swing that had seemed to be listening but also letting her eyes wonder from mine. I look at her wondering why this is but soon realise when she softly pulls on my shoulder to turn me around "and so I, uh, I... oh Wow."

"Yeah." She speak ever so softly.

I let my eyes glaze over the dancing lights, all glimmering and casting such magical light across the antique store. Something about standing here is healing, after such a fast moving few days it's so reliving to stand beside Bo and take it all in. Will you look at that?" Woody pipes up quietly from my side as I stand between the two toys, just like a use to but now it's a little different. I'm not the awkward third wheel, our dynamic is different in a way I just can't quite explain. I don't feel like I'm awkwardly tagging along, it almost feels like Woody is... I don't want to say the odd one out... but, is working hard to keep up.

"This is the only part of the store I ever liked." Bo let's her eyes wonder and the beams shine over us, her arm coming to wrap around me and her hand resting on my fat arm. A few days ago I would never have thought I'd be here looking up with Bo. The chandeliers lightly shift against each other, letting their glass sides collide and their lights intertwine forming such pretty patterns of colours.

I wish we were still Andy's toys, I wish we were still sitting on that window sill as the sun sets, I wish it was just us, when she was gone. I wish I was a better person. I wish for so many things, yet I don't think my biggest wish will ever come true. I think it was all one big lie. I'm still that bridesmaid, even after all those years of believing I had shook that title from my heart. Out the corner of my eye I can see Woodys looking over at us. I'm hoping it's both of us, if not just me, but I have a gut feeling it's not just me. But honestly I can not focus on the cowboy right now, I am actually quite contempt in this moment, maybe being a lost toy isn't as scary and as horrendous as I had thought it to be. I guess this unknown scares me but Bo it's making it feel a little more.... I'm not sure what the word it. She's making me feel...

"That's gonna be quite a jump for you and Duke."

ᗯOOᗪY ᑭOᐯ

The lights that were gleaming through t the store compete took me by surprise, and by the look on her face, I know that Y/n is in awe of them too. The look on her face brings me such happiness, I'm glad that she's found good in the challenges of getting Forky back. I let my eyes gaze over the view before us before redirecting my attention to the two strong toys beside me.

I wish I didn't have to pull her along and burden her. She looks like she has no worries in the world right now, she seems to be so contempt standing with Bo. They were always so close, I wish she didn't have to part with her all those years ago, I know it took a large toll on her mentally as she tried to be strong for everyone and myself. I just wish I knew how to make it up to he'd, I feel that I am only realising this now.

Bo use to mean so much to me and I'm so glad that she's found happiness and peace for herself but I feel that Y/n hasn't. There's still an edge to her like a wound that's never healed. I want to know how to help her feel better but I just dont even know where to begin. Y/n means so much to me, she's more than just a deputy. I have so much care for the both of them, I feel at war with myself in understanding how I can do better in making this easy for the both of them. I got us all in this mess and I don't want to burden them as we get out, I just couldn't for Y/n.

But right now, under the dancing chandelier lights, everything feels perfect. Contempt, light and also filled with light. I don't think I could ask for more seeing their happiness. They have always connected, and it pains me that they were torn apart. Bo, was so special to Y/n and seeing them reuniting in a moment like this is a view I'll never forget.

"Hm." But that's when it hits me... "For me?"

Please feel free to vote and comment as it really helps out my book! 📯

Words: 1800