Chapter 20 {ᗯIᑎᗪ TᕼE ᖴᖇOG}🐸

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

Sid's alarm clock blares out and we all drop where we are. Sid wakes up and he groggily sits up and looks into space for a moment before brightening up.

"Oh YEAH!" He jumps up and dashes over to the desk. "Time for lift-off!!"

Sid grabs Buzz and then unlocks all of his locks before running out the door. "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!"

'How did Sid not see me? I'm not complaining'

I get to my feet and see Woody struggle to get up from under the tool box. Together we lift it up and with one hand I grab Woody's free hand and yank him up from under the metal box.

"The door!" Woody races after the door to stop it from closing, just getting his arm there in time.

I race over and help Woody swing it open again, though that's when we spot scud.

He comes barreling towards us.

"Ahhh! Back? Back! Down? Down!" Woody shouts, as if it was going to work on Scud.

Scud makes it to the door just before it's shut and we use everything that we have got in us to shove his snout out.

Once we are safe I take a breather, sliding down the door to sit down trying to think about how to help Buzz, and frantically.

"Ok? What do we do?? Come on! Come on, think woman, think!" I say rubbing my temple.

"Guys!"

I look up at the sound of Woody voice. Scattered across the room are Sid's toys and once spotted, scamper back into their hiding places.

"No no no! Wait wait!-" Woody runs forward.

I get up from leaning against the door and cut Woody off "Listen! Please, there a good toy and he's-he's going to be blown to bits in a few minutes-"

Woody now cuts me off, admitting to his mistake "-All because of me. I've gotta save him.."

Woody stops before calming down "but I need your help"

Silence.

I walk up to stand next to Woody, looking from him to the quiet room.

Woody continues, "Please, he's our friend. I've only got two friends, My deputy and Him. Please."

I'm loosing hope fast, until I see babyface pop out of the darkness, he starts clinking a metal bed leg, like it's a champagne glass.

All of the mutant toys crawl out and gather around.

"Thank you" Woody and I thank together, I through for a second there that it was over.

We all huddle as Woody states the plan.

Woody starts " ok, I think I know what to do, we're going to have to break a few rules, but if it works, it will help everybody"

'Oh, scandalous'

And Woody starts explaining.

ᗩᑎᗪY ᑭOᐯ

Buzz, Woody and Y/n have been missing for days. The last boxes are being put into the truck and their no where to be seen.

They weren't behind my bed, or the desk, they weren't in the van and they weren't in Molly's crib.

They just disappeared.

All that I have left from them is Y/n's box and accessories which is in the moving van, My cardboard spaceship from Buzz and my cowboy hat.

Woody is one of my last and closest connection's wto my Dad.

Y/n was the first thing that I bought after Dad passed. We always use to go looking through yard sales together, it was our thing.

And Buzz, Dad told me that when I turn 6, he'd get me the coolest toy out there, a Buzz light year action figure.

I look one last time at my now empty room. I feel like I'm leaving everything behind. I go to follow Mom to the car, ready to leave forever.

At least I'm glad about leaving our crazy neighbour behind.

ᔕIᗪ ᑭOᐯ
I grabbed a everything for the spaceman's launch. A crate, bricks, rope and of course the ranger himself!

"Houston to mission control. Come in, control" I drop everything near when I'm gonna light the rocket.

"Launch pad is being constructed" I laugh, this is gonna be so cool!

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

"Y/n can you check if the dog still there?" Woody asks. I guess he's still forming the plan in his head

"You got it" I head over to the door, and get down to peak under the crack between the floor and door.

I see 4 paws planted and waiting. Scud is ready to attack what ever comes out of the door first.

I walk back over and see that Woody has a diagram ready and a pencil in hand to point to map out the plan as he speaks.

"He's waiting outside the door" and Woody give me a nod.

"Alright listen up, I need pump boy here, ducky here. Legs, your with ducky." Woody points to where the need to be to execute the plan and what they will do.

"Roller bob and I don't move until we get the signal. Clear?"

Everyone nods, and Woody commands "ok, let's move."

We all break apart and I go over to the door with the frog. Legs and ducky go through the vents to press the door bell and everyone else waits with roller bob.

The plan was the duck and legs click the doorbell and as soon as it goes off, the frog and I wiz's past Scud and get him to follow us out the front door.

That allows everyone else to make it outside without anyone seeing them or the dog getting to them.

The hand Jack in the box reaches up to the door, ready to open it on que.

Woody jumps onto roller bob and calls to me "wind the frog!"

I do as told and now it's just a nervous waiting game.

"Wait for the signal" everyone's eyes fixed on Woody.

That is until the doorbell rings and Woody yells "GO!"

Frog and I were off, the jack in the box opens the door and I jumped onto the frog. We go straight under Scuds legs and race down the stairs as he chases after us.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I hear Hannah call to the front door, the doorbell being rung a couple more times.

Behind us the rest of the mutants and Woody shout be on their way to the dog door.

Frog and I zipped in between Hannah's feet as she was going to close the door, seeing no one there. Ducking waiting on the ground, we grab on and fly up to the light bulb on the ceiling.

"Ugh Scud!"

Scud still running after us knocks Hannah over and Hannah shuts the door, locking Scud out.

"Stupid dog"

Ducky, frog, legs and I all go through the vents and come out a pipe in the backyard. I spot buzz up on a crate in the middle of the yard.

To be honest, I don't know what the plan is from here on out. I missed that part while checking if the dog was still outside of Sid's door just 10 minutes ago.

All I know is that we are gonna break a few rules. But haven't we done that already?

Please feel free to vote and comment as it really helps the book!🧸

Words: 1200