ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 36 {ᗰY ᗩᖇᗰ!} 📞

ᗯOOᗪY ᑭOᐯ

Al trots around the room setting up a little western scene on his coffee table. He takes Bullseye, The Prospector and Jessie out of the box on the floor and placing them around the scene.

All while humming and singing to himself with chuckles "money baby, money, money, money!"

He then turns around and starts heading my way "And now the main attraction!"

With a flick he opens the glass door and starts to take me to the set up.

As he's walking me to the table from the case I feel a pulling at my arm that Andy had ripped, and the seam feels looser and looser.

By the time Al had taken me to the table and slung me over Bullseye, he removes his hand and lets out a loud gasp before yelling.

"No! His arm, where's his arm?!" His eyes bulge out of his head.

'MY ARM! THAT WAS MY ARM?!'

Al bends down, and panics as he tries to stick my arm back on, like that's gonna work.

"Oh no-no-no-no-no! Oh what am I gonna do?"

Al stands there for not even a second before getting an idea.

"Oh I know, I know!"

He grabs he phone from his pocket and dials with quick fingers and hold the device up to his ear. "Come in, come on, come on, pick up the phone!"

He breaths heavily as a voice starts speaking through the phone, though it's almost impossible to make out what they are saying from over here, facing away.

"Hello"

"It's me, it's Al! I've got an emergency here!" Al says uneasy, with my whole arm in hand.

"Well I'm busy"

"Yes we're all busy, but.. look it's has to be tonight!" Al panicked.

The speaking of both the person on the phone and Al started getting fainter as he started walking away.

"What? You've got to be kidding me"

"Alright, alright. But first thing in the morning!" And Al slammed the door shut behind him.

"AHHHHH!" I jump up instantly. "I can't believe it my arm is completely gone!"

I panic and stumble around trying to look at the damage that has been done.

Pete ushers me over "alright come here, come on, let me see that.

I wimped to myself freaking out as Pete looks and stays completely calm.

"Oh it's just a popped seam, easily repaired, you should consider yourself lucky" he leans close to me, still inside his box.

'He doesn't get it obviously, he's not the one who's arm just came off'

"LUCKY?" I gasp stepping backwards.

'Can he not just have a little understanding that this isn't a good situation to be in'

"Are you shrink-wrapped? I AM MISSING MY ARM!" I yell at him the last part, using my only hand currently to somehow direct sound waves into his ridiculous brain

Behind me I hear the sound of a cranky cowgirl."Big deal"

I drop my arm and whip my head around, nettled with this whole situation.

She fires a sticky dark gun at the large cardboard cutout of me and it sticks to the centre of my printed forehead.

She turn around looking over her shoulder at Stinky Pete and I sarcasm coating her every word. "let him go, I'm sure his precious Andy is dying to play with a one armed cowboy doll"

Is she trying to aggravate me? Because great she's doing a good job.

I can't look at her anymore and clutch my now empty shoulder as I listen to what Stinky Pete has to say.

"Why Jessie, you know he wouldn't last an hour on the streets on his condition, it's a dangerous world out there for a toy"

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

We have been walking for what feels like FOREVER. We left way before the sunset and bows it's pitch black outside. Our only light source being the street lights.

During the afternoon and early evening it got tricky to keep hidden and make progress towards Al's toy barn.

There were more adults and kids driving around coming home from days out and other activities. We had to be quite stealth past some driveways and front yards.

Many with kids playing on the lawns and a couple of mail deliveries, even some pizza planet delivers.

By now, in almost the dead of the night it felt kind of over the top to keep sneaking around so intently.

Buzz had dashed over the foot path from a bush the the rest of us had stayed at and dove behind a public mailbox, before ushering for the rest of us to follow.

Rex goes first, covered in leave to hide home self. But either every step a bundle of leaves flew off and was left with one. He gave a sheepish laugh before the rest of us follow.

Slink dashes along, potato head runs after and Hamm trips over, his cork popping out in the process.

Coins were scattered across the foot path, the cork laying near by.

I and potato head look back and Hamm wriggles around to cover himself up loudly saying "uh, alright nobody look until I get my cork back in"

'Ok, I'll let him be on this one'

I head over to the rest of the group  and stand next to Buzz who was checking the map. "Good work men, 2 blocks down and only 19 more to go.

"What?!" Rex gasps

The rest of the guys question as well "19?!"

'Why are we doing this again? Is this really the closest Al's toy barn around? It surely isn't the only one right?'

Potato head steps forward before dropping to sit down and massage his feet "are we gonna do this all night?! My parts are killing me"

(That's what he said 😏 sorry.)

Buzz stays determined "come on fellas, did Woody give up when Sid had me started to a rocket?"

The guys all answer with monotone voices "no.."

"No!" Buzz raised

"And did he give up when you threw us out of the back of that moving truck?" I question.

This is fun! I feel powerful.

Their faces all freeze up with realisation their eyes as large as the moon.

"Oh ya had to bring that up-" potato head covers his face slightly, recalling the memory.

Buzz finishes my sentence "No he didn't! We have a friend in need, and we will not rest until he is safe in Andy's room, now let's move out!"

And Buzz marches down the footpath, the rest of us mostly dragging our feel behind.

'Could I ask Buzz for a piggy back? Would he say no? Or is that weird..'

Please feel free to vote and comment! 🌅

Words: 1120