ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 6 {ᔕTᗩᖴᖴ ᗰEETIᑎG} 🎙

Y/ᑎ ᑭOᐯ

I head over to the front of the crowd next to slinky who's getting everyone ready.

"Come on, come on. Smaller toys up front" he calls. I notice someone's missing, the host of the meeting himself, Woody.

I Look around and notice he's looking love struck at Bo who's wandering back to her lamp.

'There is that feeling again'

"Hey woody, come on" I shout to him and he comes scampering over.

He steps up behind the tinker toy tub and Mike the toy microphone motions to his microphone. Woody grabs it and a whine from the speakers beings to echo out and mike moves backwards. Some of the toy groan from the noise while others block their ears.

Woody starts off with a few puffs into the microphone to make sure it's working I think but, to be honest, I don't really know why he does. But he checks everyone can hear him from on the ground to up on the shelves.

"Okay.. first item today oh yes, has eveybody picked a moving buddy?

The room eruptes with complains and groans.

I hear Hamm say from the shelf just above Woody say "moving buddy? You can't be serious!"

I don't personally know who I was going to 'buddy up' with. It maybe gonna be Bo or Slinky but Bo will probably be with Woody. Although Woody might end up making me his buddy to be on duty, that's highly possible, he'd drag Slinky into that too.

I hear Rex say in a panic "Well, I don't know we were supposed to have one already". Or maybe I could go with Rex, he's a sweetie.

Potato head grabs his arm and starts waving it around before following it with "do we have to hold hands". everyone around him, including me let out a snicker. I have to admit sometimes he is a bit funny, but I'll never tell Woody that.

"Oh yeah, you guys think this is all a joke. We've only got one week before the move. I don't want any toys left behind, a moving buddy if you don't have one, GET one".

Typical Woody, but I get it, I'm glad I'm not In charge sometimes and this is one of them.

"Alright, next...uh...oh, yes. Tuesday night's "Plastic Corrosion Awareness" meeting was, I think, a big success and we want to thank Mr.Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you, Mr. Spell." Woody continues. That thing was so boring I wanted to scratch my eyes out.

Woody starts to speak again "Ok, uhh oh yes, one minor note here" then mumbles under his breath " Andy's birthday party has been moved to today." He tries to speak up again "Next we have-"

But the room was filled with shock and panic. This is news to my ears too.

Rex yells out "what whadda ya mean the party's today? His birthday isn't till next week!"

"What's going on down there, is his mom loosing her marbles?" Hamm shouts down.

Woody tried to reason with the toys and get them to understand the reason behind the early birthday party. "Well obviously she wanted the party before the move, I'm not worried, you shouldn't be worried".

Then the potato speaks up "Of course woody ain't worried, he's been his favourite since kindergarten"

Slinky butts into the bickering trying to reason "hey, hey come on potato head. If woody says it's alright, then darn it, it's good enough for me too."

'Should I bud in too? Their gonna call me a suck up, urrr but I gotta stick with slink, stuff it'

I step next to Slinky and face the group "Has Woody ever steered us wrong before? No? That's right! how come suddenly everyone's lost all trust, we will be fine guys"

Slinky and I return to our position on the side and as I was correct, potato head was using his mouth and kissing with butt motioning to Slink and I.

I don't care, I did the right thing.

"Come on guys, every Christmas and birthday we go through this" Woody speaks up again after me, a bit fed up now.

"But, what if Andy get another dinosaur, a mean one! I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection"

'I wish I could just run up and hug him'

Woody gets down of the podium and starts wandering towards the crowd of toys, before stopping besides me. "Hey listen, no one is getting replaced this is Andy we are talking about-" he stops for a brief moment one while getting Mike to come closer so he can continue to use the microphone.

"What matters is that we are here for Andy when he needs us, that's what were made for right" Woody looks at me for agreeance. Everyone now quite and pondering what has just been said, but Hamm cuts everyone out of their thought.

" hate to break up the staff meeting but, THEIR HERE!! Birthday guests at 3 o'clock!"

Everyone rushes to the window, pushing each other out the way and climbing onto the shelf that Hamm is on.

Woody and I jump out of the way of everyone. I stay on the floor with Woody because I just know I will hear toys cometary from on the floor.

Please feel free to comment and vote 🦆

Words : 890