Chapter 2

Wave was caught off guard and yet he sprinted his way to catch Aria. Good thing, he managed not to let her head hit the floor, albeit she was halfway on the ground.

"Hey, hey, wake up!" He shook her body, hoping that Aria would open her eyes. But his efforts were in vain.

Ugh, he didn't want to take care of the girl! He had things to do! ...Fine, he just didn't want the burden. They weren't even close enough for him to consider taking care of her!

He craned his head around, trying to think of what he should do. Then he remembered Mr Pom. Wave quickly took his iPad resting on a table and used his potential to text their teacher about what had happened to Aria.

Wave kept trying to wake her up, but she seemed dead. But he could still hear her breathing, so his prior assumption was wrong.

In just a few minutes, Mr Pom arrived in the classroom and saw the scene. He was as though he had just run a mile, which was a little exaggeration, but that was correct. He did run when he read Wave's message that "the new girl fainted".

"Help me bring her to the infirmary." Mr Pom did not hesitate to carry Aria, bridal style, and ran.

Wave followed behind him, forgetting everything else.

A lot of students' eyes were turned to them, but they didn't mind. It wasn't really the perfect time to give them attention when they had an unconscious girl in their arms.

When they arrived in the infirmary, Mr Pom quickly laid her on the bed and then the nurses took over.

The teacher stepped back so that he was beside Wave, who was also panting in both nervousness and running.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. She was just looking for her earphones then she fainted. She said those prevent the noise to enter her ears."

Mr Pom didn't give him any response and walked elsewhere inside the infirmary. Wave followed him with his eyes alone, starting to regulate his heart rate.

"We need to wait for her to wake up." The adult held a paper and examined it. It was Aria's physical exam for her potential. "In the meantime, can you buy her earphones?"

Wave was about to protest. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. So he just pursed it back and went out.

°°°

The very moment Aria opened her eyes, the noise around her welcomed her. She winced because of the chaos, pressing both her ears to prevent more noise to enter.

Black earphones popped in front of her face, a hand holding them. Aria traced the hand through the arm and found out who the owner was. Just by seeing the red jacket, she's sure it was Wave. And she was not wrong.

"What's this?" Aria asked as she sat up and took the earphones from him, trying to suppress the pain.

"What do you think?"

That zipped her mouth.

Wave sat back in a chair near her bed and to his iPad, he had been playing with to keep himself occupied.

Obviously, it was earphones. But they were not hers. "Whose is this?"

"Mr Pom asked me to buy it for you."

A nod was all she could answer. She looked for her cellphone and found it just beside her. Aria quickly plugged the earphones into her cellphone and in her ears before quickly playing music. And as she hit the play button, a loud sigh escaped her mouth. Finally, she was at peace.