Chapter 29

After a short argument between Ohm and Aria, the four decided to order their lunch. The girl finally gave up listening to Wave as per all their suggestions. Ohm was rather harsh about it, while Namtarn and Pang were the otherwise, worrying about her health and how white her face was turning.

That made Namtarn think back on a conversation that happened between her and Wave.

It was at the infirmary. The boy was standing in front of her; the table where she had been resting her notebook, as she wrote, was the only thing between them.

Of course, she was not oblivious to his presence, standing there, and watching her scribble. And yet, she didn't look up. Until he spoke.

"Namtarn," he called. "Give me a bandage." It sounded more like an order than anything else.

Her eyes made their way to his injured elbow and chuckled inside with the thought, "They even have couple wounds." Seeing that they were injured was not what she was laughing about, no. Don't get Namtarn wrong. She just found the idea that both Aria and Wave, who were acting like couples who got into an argument, both had wounds, cute. Just like normal couples having the same shirt or bracelets and the likes.

"Hey, Wave," she greeted back, rather playfully, with a grin. "You do know my name."

"Give me a bandage," he repeated, ignoring her remarks that could never budge him. There was only one person who could do such a thing. And he cast her away for stupid reasons he'd rather not talk about.

"I think you should get a physical exam," Namtarn suggested. "You really did a number on your computer. You may have a concussion."

"You're a good detective, aren't you?" he remarked, yet, his voice was void of any emotion but annoyance. He'd rather not be anywhere near anyone. "I asked for a bandage. Can't you hear me?"

"I told you to get a physical exam. Can't you hear me?" she returned his question.

But Wave didn't care. "I'm fine. Is it so hard to get a bandage?" He tried to reach for it, but much to his annoyance, the cart was pulled out of his reach by none other than the girl in the room. He clenched his jaw and glared at her, but Namtarn couldn't care less.

"Have a seat over there," she said, pointing her head on the hospital bed. "I'll dress your wound."

Annoyed and in disbelief, Wave kept his eyes on the girl, who wouldn't budge. Knowing there was no way out, Wave gave up and made his way to the bed. Namtarn was such a hard-headed girl, just like her friend. The thought of the girl made him shake his head. Thinking of her would do no good for him.

Namtarn did her thing; pouring antiseptic on a cotton ball and using forceps to clean his wound. Carefully, she wiped the skin around his wound and later on the wound itself. But every time it touched him, he would flinch, making her chuckle.

"Not a tough guy now, huh?" she taunted. "The burn makes you flinch."

Regretting his act, Wave tensed his body just so he wouldn't react the same. And Namtarn noticed it.

"You look like you're forced to be here. I was just joking."

Wave didn't know how to react. After everything, she was that casual about him. It made him think that deep within, she had different opinions and was just trying to hide them.

"If you hate me, just do," he blurted out, looking forward. "Don't force yourself to be nice to me."

The girl sighed and smiled. "I'm not forcing myself. So does Aria."

The mention of the girl's name made him freeze, which didn't go unnoticed by Namtarn.

"She's very nice to you but you cast her away. From what I know, she didn't do anything wrong. She wasn't faking anything either. She even keeps defending you to Ohm. So why are you mad at her? Did she do anything wrong?"