Chapter 19

"Are you sure that's really Korn's potential?" Ohm asked, and eyed the girl on his right, who was walking at the same pace as he.

"I couldn't be wrong. Claire almost directly said it. And he didn't even try to deny it, so I am pretty sure that is his potential," Aria answered.

She had told her friends—excluding the technopath—what she had heard earlier that day. Even the fact that she mistook the time and rushed out thinking she was late. This caused a teasing laugh from her loud friend and some chuckles from the other two. Aria could only hope that Ohm wouldn't tease her too much about it.

Fortunately for her, he didn't because they were then intrigued about Korn's potential. She silently thanked the guy in her mind for saving her from further embarrassment.

"Do you know when he had his potential?" Namtarn asked and looked at her left. She too, was walking along with them with Pang on her other side.

They were on their way to their dorm after the class for the day ended. Some people might find them amusing, walking in sync, perfectly lined up. They definitely piqued some attention, especially when students caught a glance at their Gifted badge.

"He admitted it was since Claire's play."

The three had their brows furrowed in bewilderment. But it was Pang who decided to speak.

"But the play's been months ago."

"I know. That means you're the only one left to look for your potential, Pang." Her voice might seem normal to anyone, but to Pang, it meant something.

He stiffened at her words, implying that he hadn't found his potential. Although he already had. He just hadn't told his friends that he knew his potential yet. And he didn't know when he should.

"But don't worry, you'll find it soon enough." She beamed a smile, wanting to give him a pat, but because of their distance and Namtarn in between them, a smile was what she could manage to deliver.

Although she had a suspicion that he had found his potential, she still didn't insist on him. She was not in a position to do so.

°°°

Darkness has spread throughout the sky in the middle of the night. The sound of the crickets was the only noise that could be heard in the silence surrounding the evening.

It was the most peaceful time of the day there was. Especially to someone who found human noise deafening. She had to thank her potential for that.

However, Aria still found herself awakened by nothing. Her eyes stared at the ceiling for a few moments; the sleepiness was wearing off. She didn't know what caused her to wake up again, but she had already failed to grab Mr Sleep back, pushing her to stand up and grab a glass of water.

The water wasn't too cold, nor was it too warm. Just perfect for her. She took the glass to her bed and let it rest on her bedside table, almost empty. She then grabbed her cellphone just beside it. It was past 2AM when she checked the time.

It wasn't an unusual occurrence for her. Even when she was young she had always woken up in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason.

With her sleep completely gone, Aria decided to scroll through Facebook. It could help her tire her eyes and mind, and eventually fall back asleep again. She had no plan of staying awake until the sun came up. The day ahead might consume her energy, so she knew she would need enough to keep her going.

She leaned her back against the wall with her blanket covering her lower body and a pillow resting above her thighs. Her knees were folded so that they were leveling her upper body. The usual posts appeared on her feed. Posts about someone's day, their pet, and even a flower that recently bloomed in her grandma's garden. Nothing too interesting for her except some fanarts of her favourite movie.