Chapter 13

"Punn!" Claire marched towards her boyfriend, who fell to the floor after punching himself.

Aria, on the other hand, was frozen right where she was; her eyes opened wide, her mouth gaped, and her hands over it.

She watched Punn standing up and Claire trying to find the right moment. When he managed to get up on his feet, he punched himself again, as if he was possessed.

Both the girl flinched away as his fist landed on himself.

Claire tried to help him, but Punn pushed her away. He was already crouching in pain that he had caused himself. But before he could even try to stand up again, he grabbed his own neck.

"Punn, stop! Stop!" Claire tried to take his arms away from him. He was already choking himself but he threw Claire away.

Aria ran to her to help Claire, finally regaining herself. She didn't know what was happening to him, not the slightest idea.

She could see that he was struggling, but he didn't let go of his neck.

"I'm sorry. I won't cause any more trouble, I promise," they heard Punn speak to no one. "That's right! We won't fight anymore." His voice changed; he then sounded frightened. "If you hurt us, you know very well that we will all fall!" His tone changed again.

Aria furrowed her brows. She didn't know what was happening. She couldn't understand.

And then he let go of his neck.

Silence.

The room was filled with silence.

The girls were panting just by watching what was happening.

Then Punn stood up, so Claire did the same. Their eyes trailed with him. He picked up something from the table. And when he turned around, it was a cutter.

The sound it created as he pushed the blade up sunk Aria's heart while Claire worriedly watched. If he was capable of punching and choking himself, would he also be capable of...?

In a blink of an eye, Punn pointed the cutter at his neck.

Claire didn't think twice, she ran to him and tried to stop whatever he was trying to do. She was right on time, for if she sprinted a second late blood might've been running down Punn's throat.

"Punn! No!" Claire cried his name repeatedly in fear for his dear life.

After recovering from the shock, Aria ran to them and helped the girl. The two of them kept pulling his arms away from him.

"Punn, stop!"

Their eyes were watering as they kept calling Punn and trying to stop him.

But their forces combined weren't enough.

Aria let go and the two fell to the ground. They needed Mr Pom. That was the first thought that crossed her mind. So she ran outside in search of their teacher. She could feel herself; the stress was affecting her but she must not let it.

"Punn, I love you. I love you." She heard Claire continuously, helplessly pleading that made her stop after exiting the door. "Can you hear me?"

"Listen, even though you think you have no one, you have me right here. Can you hear me? Please don't do this." Her voice was shaking.

"Punn, please come back. Look at me. Please look at me."

Both their hands were already bleeding, holding the blade. But Claire wouldn't let go of it. Not until Punn did.

Slowly, he looked at her.