Chapter 46

Sol worriedly eyed Aria, who was staring at nowhere. She had been like that ever since she almost fell to the ground, and he had absolutely no idea why she had gone too quiet. Even when she cried, he didn't know why. She didn't tell him the reason, or if that boy who saved her did something to his friend. He would've run to catch that guy, but Sol chose to guide Aria to the nearest bench and let her sit down.

She had stopped crying, but she hadn't spoken a word yet. Her eyes were heavy, just like her body. She couldn't even move her fingers. As if she was traumatised just by seeing an old friend. Well... she was.

The school bell rang, but she didn't even flinch.

Sol stood up, but Aria remained in her seat.

"I'll take the test," he said, trying to get her attention.

But she seemed deaf for a moment. Sol shook her shoulder and finally brought Aria back to reality. Her head craned up to him, confused. "I'll take the test," he repeated.

"Oh, okay."

"Will you be fine if I leave you here for a while?"

Aria forced a smile. But it was useless since Sol could see through it. She nodded as an answer. "Go ahead. I can take care of myself."

"No, you can't." Sol reached for her head and messed up her hair, annoying Aria.

She swatted his hand away, that time with a real annoyed look.

A wide, satisfied curve appeared on Sol's face. He was satisfied and proud of himself. At least she didn't look like her goldfish just died.

"If I did great, I'll treat you out," he bet with a toothy grin, showcasing his pearl white teeth.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Aria finally smiled genuinely. "Now go and give me that treat." She pushed her friend, who jokingly complained. She waved her hand a bye, but he faked an irritated look making her laugh. "Good luck!"

After he was gone from her sight, Aria stood up and started walking away. Towards her favourite spot in that school. Sol would be the only one to take the test. As she was a previous Gifted student, she would automatically be in it.

The crowded hallway became void of anyone. Wind brushed against her skin, blowing her shorter hair to her left. The shed shielded her from the heat of the bright sun. The quietness was nice. Walking again in that hall brought back a lot of memories, both the fun ones and the horrible ones.

She arrived in the garden, sat on the ground and kept reminiscing the fun times before everything happened. She was too deep within her memory lane that she didn't notice a figure walking towards her.

It was a figure of a guy. She wasn't breaking eye contact with anything, even if he was standing just right in front of her.

"Can I sit here?"

Aria looked up. It was Pang. For a moment, she forgot that she had a beating heart. Her warmth vanished, starting from her heart and spreading through her entire body. Her eyes were wide open, her body started shaking. She was contrary to Pang, who was smiling genuinely and comfortably shielding her from the sun.

It seemed like he still hadn't got his memories back. If he had, he wouldn't have come close to her, Aria believed that.

"Oh, uh, su-sure." She had no reason for her to drive him away. None that he remembered, that was.

His smile wasn't wavering as he made his way to her right. As a flight response, Aria moved a little to the other side.

Noticing her defensive move, Pang chuckled. "You look pretty tense. Loosen up, Aria."

The Eleventh Gifted (The Gifted Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें