Chapter 25

Aria and the group arrived at the laboratory. The way towards the room was dark thanks to the time yet they were still able to see thanks to the lights illuminating their way.

Aria kept monitoring her classmates through her potential. Punn's group, which consisted of him, Claire, and Mon, arrived at the victim's classroom. They were in the middle of solving an equation to let them enter the locked classroom.

Thanks to Punn's intelligence, it didn't take them more than a minute until the door was unlocked. At the same time, they arrived in the laboratory, too.

She kept track of Wave, too, who she could not hear, taking a step after she left him. He remained where he was, not uttering a single word, but scribbling.

"It looks like they set up the room to simulate the situation," said Namtarn as Ohm closed the door behind them.

"Isn't this a little too scary?" Ohm asked. "What's that?" he asked, pointing a finger to his left. There was a card pasted on a locker with the letter A printed in gold colour.

The four ran towards it, taking a look at the card which they believed was a clue, as it was the same design as the card they received earlier for the exam.

Pang opened the locker, thanking that it was not locked. As soon as it opened, garbage overflowed out of it. Ohm cursed in surprise.

Behind the door of the locker, A's printed images were plastered. They made sure that her face was censored with the same red ink they used, and her pseudonym was still present.

"She was bullied," Aria uttered, looking at the content of the locker.

"Her locker is full of trash," Ohm commented.

The two boys dug in the locker, rummaging through the trash in hopes of finding any clues. It caused the garbage to fall down. As they were too light, they didn't create much noise, yet Aria still heard how they fell.

Whilst the boys were busy with the locker, Aria examined the photos attached to it to see if there was a relevant clue.

There was nothing much to see. An image of her biting the medal she won and a picture of her and another student.

Inside, they found a thick chemistry book that Pang took. "It seems like she's a very smart Chemistry Olympian," Pang concluded as he stared at the book.

"A is doing research on pest management using a new chemical substance," said Namtarn through the walkie-talkie that made them whip their heads to her. "Wait, there's someone else who's a co-researcher. Wipawee."

Namtarn's rank went up by a hundred points, placing her in the third rank.

And thanks to Aria's potential, her friend's voice rang in her ears twice.

"This must be her. She's in most of the photos here," said Aria, pointing at the photographs on the back of the locker's door.

The two boys looked at it, too, before Pang handed Ohm the book and dug even more into the locker. Underneath the papers, he found another photograph. This time, there were three people: A, a teacher, and her co-researcher. Their faces were all censored just like the rest.

"Namtarn," Pang called, getting all their attention as he ran towards her. "Please look at this." He handed her the photograph for the girl to use her potential on.

"Why?"

"Can you look into its past?"

Namtarn took the photograph to examine it. Aria didn't know what was happening from her friend's point of view, so she listened intently, whilst trying to look for more clues.