Chapter 41

"It's not that we disagree. But you're aware that this school already receives much more than the other schools."

"And we are doing much better than the other schools."

"You're right. But we need a more concrete outcome."

Aria watched and listened in silence, hands on her back, as the people sitting in front of them and the Director argued over the financial situation of the school. The Director was asking for more, but the ministry was hesitant about it. She watched, and listened silently, no emotion could be seen on her face, as if they were all washed away by the wind in an instant.

"Most importantly, you have not told us about these two students." The old man presented two papers, making them face the Director.

"Wave, Pang," Aria thought.

For a moment she was confused about what was happening. Why was she there? Shouldn't she be helping Pang or Namtarn? What was her purpose— oh. She remembered. Her composure straightened again.

"These two are the most outstanding students this year. That's why we need more time to collect their data," said the Director.

"For how long?"

The Director looked at Aria and the girl looked back up. The only thing she did was nod. The adult already knew what that meant.

He faced the group sitting in front of him once again. And with a smile, he answered, "Soon."

Aria listened to wherever those two were. Pang was already on the other side of the door, she could hear his heavy breaths and sniffs. Meanwhile, Wave, she could hear him sitting down and getting his laptop ready. And she could also hear his confusion.

Because inside the sound room, through the desktop where the CCTV footage was shown, he could see Aria, standing calmly a few feet away from the Director.

That wasn't in any of their plans. What was she doing standing there? Wasn't Aria supposed to be with Pang? Did she go rogue against their plans? Does she have other plans?

"Tsk." Wave took his cellphone in annoyance. He dialled her phone number and waited for her to answer. But she didn't. Neither did he see any reaction from her down to the meeting room.

"What are you doing?" he whispered, panicking.

"Wave, I'm ready," said Pang through their communication device.

Tsk. Aria could explain later. But Wave couldn't help but be bugged on what she was doing. And yet, he continued with their plan.

"For now, I'd like to review the work plan." The Director pressed his remote control to go to the next slide of the presentation. But it was not working. He looked over at the technical man, sitting behind a desk on the side, who also seemed like he was having trouble controlling it. The Director tried again and the lights suddenly flickered, making everyone look up at the situation.

"What is happening?"

But the two in front remained calm.

The screen started to glitch.

It was time.

A video showed and everyone watched.

"Good afternoon, Ministry of Education Board Members. Welcome to Ritdha High School, Thailand's leading high school that has a dark side. Urban legends about a student falling from a building, a ghost of an overdosed student all took place fifteen years ago, the same time that a man assumed the directorship of this school."